All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dahotvet
join:2009-01-07
Savage, MN

dahotvet

[Cable HSI] upgraded from 15/1 to 100/10, unable to get the speed above 30mbps.

Had Prime 15/2 service with a Motorola SB5101 DOCSIS 2 modem
10/24 Upgraded to a self owned Motorola SB6183 DOCSIS 3. registered successfully in the walled garden. Worked about the same as the the SB5101 - about 25 mbps (not surprising).
11/01 Upgraded the service to Ultra 100/10 and was told the conversation would take a day. soft rebooted modem shortly afterwards, upload speed went from 2 to 16 mbps immediately. Download speed went from 25 to 33 mbps, but no higher.
8 channels are locked, but channel 2 on Channel ID 217 has unknown modulation and is not registering. Power levels look good on all channels, SNR is great on all except #2 (0 dB SNR). The cable has no splitters and is directly connected to the modem. Log file shows the same critical message each time the modem is rebooted, either remote or via power pull:
Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=68:ef:bd:ef:d5:ca;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Have done all the standard stuff, direct connecting PC, soft and hard reset.
Chat this evening with Mediacom was not productive.
Would love to get the speed where it is supposed to be.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hey dahotvet See Profile, I'd love to look into this speed issue you're experiencing. Can you send me an IM with your MAC address so I can take a look into the modem diagnostics on my end?
dahotvet
Savage, MN

dahotvet

IM Sent.
Thanks Chad.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Thanks! I've pulled some information and responded further.
dahotvet
Savage, MN

dahotvet

And back. Thanks Chad.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

That's great to hear! If you do ever need anything else do not hesitate to contact me here over DSLReports.
dahotvet
Savage, MN

dahotvet

We had a tech come in on Tuesday and he found an incompatible filter in the line at the pedistal. He replaced it and replaced the incoming lighting arrestor. I was not home when he was here, so was unable to do my own testing. All 8 downstream channels are locked, consistent power levels and the SNR's look good. Speed tests are improved to 48 - 48 mbps, but not close to the 100 that we are expecting. The modem is a new SB6183, firwmare: SB6183-9.2.0.0-GA-03-29-NOSH
Can you take another look to see if you can see anything?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I'm glad to hear that there's been some improvement, but there's definitely still room for more! I can see a notable change in levels since the technician was out- all for the better, and the change of that filter is apparent in this modem's bonding to 8 downstreams. From what I'm seeing, we should be able to grasp at that full 100 Mbps. Are you still getting the same results across all connection configurations: wired and wireless, both with and without any routers connected?
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6 to dahotvet

to dahotvet
Two thoughts:
How many upload channels do you have? If only one, you might be limited there, especially if you happen to be on a single channel with the more limiting protocol. (There are two types of single-channel upload, and there are others more knowledgeable on this this than I am.)

How are you connected to the router? Wired or wireless? If wireless, you could be running into limits there depending on the wireless protocol you are using (especially if G).
dahotvet
Savage, MN

dahotvet to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
I have a gigabit LAN connected through a gigabit router that is connected to the modem- wireless is connected to the LAN. All tests have been run on direct gigabit connections. I have gone direct from PC to Modem with the same results. Also have soft and hard rebooted the modem.
dahotvet

dahotvet to k9iua6

to k9iua6
Good question- We have 2 bonded upload channels. Normally see 15 - 16 mbps on the upload. Very nice.
See below for the wired/wireless.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I'd like to monitor the modem while you ran the speed tests from a PC directly connected to the modem. Would it be possible to bypass your router and notify me here once you've done this?