Search similar:

uniqs
fartness (banned)
Donald Trump 2016
join:2003-03-25
Look Outside

fartness (banned)

Amazon Prime is late

I have a free trial of Amazon Prime and it said I would get my package by today but I see it's still in transit and I will get it tomorrow. This page says I can get my shipping cost refunded, but it's "free" shipping that is built into the price of the item. Should I even bother?

»www.amazon.com/gp/help/c ··· =3510241

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM
join:2002-06-15

davidg

MVM

was the item prime shipping or was it "free shipping"? if prime call and complain, if free then not really a lot you can get from them.

prime is worth every penny IMO. not just for the free shipping but their free streaming is getting as good as Netflix plus they have a pretty decent audio selection as well. If you are a reader there are plenty of free books for the kindle app, and prime can "check out" ebooks 1 at a time even if they are normally ones only sold.
fartness (banned)
Donald Trump 2016
Look Outside

fartness (banned)

Prime shipped.

Do you know if they have free audiobooks on Prime?

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM
join:2002-06-15

davidg

MVM

no you have a different subscription for that. or you can purchase books with the whispersync option and switch between reading/listening.

runnoft
Premium Member
join:2003-10-14
Nags Head, NC

1 edit

runnoft to fartness

Premium Member

to fartness
*If* you meet the conditions in the fine print here
»www.amazon.com/gp/help/c ··· 01117450
you *may* be entitled to a free one-month extension of Amazon Prime. That's their remedy when this happens--limit of one per non-student free trial or 12 per year for paid membership. You have to ask for it though; they don't grant it automatically because your package wasn't delivered on time.

EDIT: Now I think the above extension only applies when you paid extra for one-day shipping. You can try for an extension, anyway, but I think "Accelerated" means one-day. If you were getting two-day shipping under Prime, that's not considered Accelerated. Sorry. Straight-old "Guaranteed by" under Prime apparently doesn't come with any make-up when they don't get it there on time.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to fartness

Premium Member

to fartness
other people on Amazon have been talking about late prime packages for awhile now I really don't miss it much and this is after 2 years of having it.. what did me in was in my last year I had 5 late packages that never made it by the time they said and it became a hassle of always contacting customer service..

And the added tax on shipments most of the time now if a 3rd party has it I will check them out or just another store.

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

Majestik

Premium Member

I've had prime before the streaming videos so tv and movies wasn't the reason for me to subscribe.
I canceled Prime for next year. Raising the annual subscription and late packages bothered me. Rarely watched the TV/movie streaming service. I just don't sit around watching tv and movies all the time.
But what bothered me the most and the reason I won't renew my subscription is because they don't default my purchases automatically to free one or two day shipping. If I am paying annually for free Prime shipping my items should not be checked for shipping charge at checkout and I should not have to uncheck it and choose free shipping every time. Also they have been charging shipping fee for some of my large purchase prime items.
I called them about it and they never explained the reason why and whether or not they were going to end the practice. They could not prove me wrong about this. When they offered a free year of Prime I just told them to cancel my renewal.

The late prime deliveries made me realize that getting my orders in 1-3 days wasn't really that important.
Now from what I've been reading on the Amazon forums is to expect longer than usual deliveries time in 2015. Even longer that someone who never subscribed to Prime before. Many think that it forces people to go back to Prime again.That won't work with me. I can wait one or two weeks for my orders.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to fartness

Premium Member

to fartness
So far I really like Prime. I've used it for at least 100 deliveries and think they were late one time that I can remember. Without the two day shipping I'd be tempted to just go to a store and get what I want. I also enjoy the streaming options; even though I have Netflix I use it quite a bit. So far it's well worth the 100 bucks a year. If I find my purchases go down next I'll have to reconsider as the streaming alone isn't worth the $100...but the holidays are coming up. I hate shopping so taking an hour to find something for everyone and not having to worry about pants or shipping is a big plus in my book.

Edited to speaka de English

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Majestik

MVM

to Majestik
This hasn't been my experience at all.

I think I've only had one package that didn't arrive in two days and that was when I was in Michigan and might have been weather related. My shipping always defaults to Prime free two day. I use the streaming service on and off in conjunction with Netflix, recently I've been watching The Good Wife, Under the Dome, and Downton Abbey.

Getting two day shipping is okay, free shipping is what is of value to me, with 76 items being ordered from them this year it more than pays for the cost.

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry to fartness

Premium Member

to fartness
Was your parcel the Prime free 2-day delivery or did you pay extra for the one-day delivery? Either way, you should contact Amazon. I always use the Contact Us/Where's My Stuff when my Prime orders don't arrive on time.

I haven't had that happen too often but Amazon has been great about crediting back a small portion of the merchandise if it was the free, 2 day shipping and they ALWAYS refunded the complete shipping fee(s) for 1-day delivery.

I love Prime. I've tried the plain 'ole free shipping on orders over $35 but the delivery dates were always busted on those.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to Majestik

Premium Member

to Majestik
Yeah I was reading a lot of complaints about what used to be two days now taking at least up to 6 days.. just two days alone to process the order.. sad too bad prime is not like it used to be.

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

Majestik to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
said by Kilroy:

This hasn't been my experience at all.

I think I've only had one package that didn't arrive in two days and that was when I was in Michigan and might have been weather related. My shipping always defaults to Prime free two day. I use the streaming service on and off in conjunction with Netflix, recently I've been watching The Good Wife, Under the Dome, and Downton Abbey.

Getting two day shipping is okay, free shipping is what is of value to me, with 76 items being ordered from them this year it more than pays for the cost.

I will still get free shipping with Amazon. It's 5-8 business days. I think the minimum requirement is $35 now and I don't think I've ever had my cart below $50 and rarely below $100 in one order so no difference there.
Realized it wasn't that important to pay the annual fee for free 1-2 day delivery so I can also buy 76 items in a year free delivery and not pay an annual fee at all.
Netflix is enough for me. Have OTA,books,podcasts,outdoor activities,etc.

The way I see it is you want your stuff in two days or less you pay.

It was their actions which allowed me to rethink my relationship with them.
They actually did me a favor.

ctaranto
join:2011-12-14
MA

ctaranto to fartness

to fartness
Maybe the shipping issues are location specific. We've had Prime for years (before streaming was a part of the equation) and I really can't recall when an as-promised 2-day shipment didn't make it on time for any reason other than weather, and even then, UPS notified us of the delay. We have received a handful of shipments next-day due to the location of the warehouse the item came from. Amazon's return policy is better than others, and as long as you wait for the right price (hint: camelcamelcamel), their service is very good. As a reference, we place 76 orders in 2012, 52 in 2013, and 59 so far this year.

I'm not buying into their Amazon-only ecosystem (no Fire products in our house), but I do appreciate the free app they give away every day.

We also have Netflix, but Amazon Prime streaming has some movies/shows that are not on Netflix.

Even with the price increase (which was the first since the introduction of Prime), we still find value in the offering.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to fartness

Premium Member

to fartness
I have never had a late package while using prime

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to fartness

to fartness
I have had prime be early many times (get it on a saturday when expecting it monday etc) but never late.

They do offer a free month if a guaranteed delivery is missed:

»www.amazon.com/gp/help/c ··· 01117450
quote:
If you received free shipping through Amazon Prime, you may be eligible for a free one-month extension when the promised delivery date isn't met. Prime Extensions (including Mom) are limited to one per free trial and 12 for an annual membership. Free Amazon Student Memberships do not qualify for this extension.

Kramer
Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA

Kramer to fartness

Mod

to fartness
They have become unreliable lately. It really makes me reconsider renewing it. I have had two incidents in the last thirty days. First a package didn't arrive on time and second when I placed the order the expected delivery date was outside of the Prime windows of 2 days. For the first they gave me a free month and when I online chatted about the second problem, they changed the delivery method to next day at no charge. If I am going to have to contact customer service for every delivery, then they will not get a renewal from me. In my case they are delivering the packages via UPS to my local post office and then having the post office deliver them. That adds an extra day. Amazon is living on borrowed time. They haven't made a substantial profit in their 20 year existence. I have also found their pricing to not be that good any more on some items.

When it is a tech item, I always check Newegg first. Newegg frequently has one day delivery for free. They call it three day but a guy almost always pulls up in a ratty old car with no ID on the vehicle or his clothes and delivers the package. I often pay less by a substantial margin too. I have two huge Amazon warehouses within 30 miles of here and it doesn't seem to help. Amazon should be able to offer same day delivery in my area.
fartness (banned)
Donald Trump 2016
Look Outside

fartness (banned)

I just signed up with something free from Newegg called ShopRunner. It's free when linked to an American Express credit card. It gave me free two day shipping on the item I bought, but it's not available on all items. I usually compare Newegg and Amazon too, because Newegg does not charge me sales tax. I've always traditionally bought from Newegg for tech items because their prices were lower, but sometimes Amazon has been lower lately, even with sales tax.

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

I have had issues with late deliveries from New Egg using Shoprunner. Shoprunner says to take it up with New Egg, so I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it. It does remove the delivery charge for Dominos.
H_T_R_N (banned)
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned) to fartness

to fartness
said by fartness:

, because Newegg does not charge me sales tax.

The late packages are karma biting you for not paying your sales tax.
fartness (banned)
Donald Trump 2016
Look Outside

fartness (banned)

I have the option of filing it at the end of the year...
H_T_R_N (banned)
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

said by fartness:

I have the option of filing it at the end of the year...

Thats not really an option. You are required.

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

Some states previously forced online companies to supply records of purchasers in their state and then the state went after the purchasers directly for the amount due plus fines.