spc
Search similar:

uniqs
WCFields
join:2014-11-04
Kingston, ON

WCFields

Cogeco in Kingston East is soooo slow!!

The internet connection in kingston east is terrible and its been that way for months.
I was on ultimate 120 and downgraded to turbo 20. I still get (peak hours) 2.83 mbps.
They are good for crediting me but I don't mind paying for a good service.
I was told in August that it would be fixed by early October. Then it went to 31 Oct.
I called tonight and they don't know when the new node will be finished.
Bell is starting to appeal to me and I know many people in the same boat.
Any thoughts from anyone out there or news.
Thanks

Rick C
@67.193.147.x

Rick C

Anon

ISPs advertise their speed in bits but your pc downloads in bytes. There are 8 bits to a byte. So if your package is 20 Mbps and your getting faster then 2.5 plus getting credits. I'm not sure I see your problem or am I missing something?
WCFields
Kingston, ON

WCFields

I don't know where I said MBps but I'm getting Mbps. As in bits.
So, yes you are missing the point.
Now Cogeco is telling me it will be January or February when it will be finished.

Axe
@67.193.112.x

Axe

Anon

Yeah....

I've been bitching at Cogeco every month since April about this in Gardiner's North.

Every month, I've had to complain to them and get my bill discounted because their service sucks, and every month they've been telling me 'It's getting fixed in October'.

Now, as if waiting 6 months to get what you pay for, and having to complain every month for a discount that should have just been done while they sort their shit out...., it's now halfway through NOVEMBER.... and still no fix.

Colour me not suprised... these guys don't have a clue what they're doing, and are laughing all the way to the bank because they're the only game in town.... for now.
WCFields
Kingston, ON

WCFields

I've been with cogeco since the beginning and have always been happy with them except since April. I can't believe it takes so long to get a new node setup.
I contacted bell for the fibe but it won't be available for another 6 months to a year.
Anyway, I keep calling just to get a credit. Very sad!!