All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
V_
join:2014-11-05

V_

dsl or cable @ QC J8T 1Z1

So far my dsl service is on and off, especially last few weeks very unreliable, constantly fluctuates and support is not able to fix it! I wonder if upgrade to RG SR505N or maybe cable would fix it? Why is on/off? Thx for suggestions.

TSI Ashleigh
Premium Member
join:2013-02-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Ashleigh

Premium Member

Hello V_,

Thank you for the message. We would be more than happy to take a look at your account and see what is happening with your DSL service. Intermittent sync issues can sometimes be harder to fix as they are intermittent. I have attempted to access your account with your handle however have been unable to locate it.

To be able to better assist you with your questions I would like to look at your account and see what you subscribe to, check your line stats etc. Would you be able to post your account details in the Direct Forum »/fo ··· avdirect so we can further assist you with your inquiry?

Thank you,
TSI-Ashleigh

bryanviper
join:2002-10-12
Toronto, CAN

bryanviper to V_

to V_
Please post your line stats so we can help you.
Also what plan are you on and what modem are you using?

Have you tried hooking up the DSL modem directly to the demarc (grey bell box outside) to see if it improves.

I would not buy a new modem or switch to cable yet, Sometimes this can easily be fixed by installing a DSL filter or running a dedicated line to the modem etc.

Jay_P
join:2005-12-12
Montreal, QC

Jay_P to V_

to V_
Sorry didn't read that right, you already have DSL. Scratch my post lol.
V_

V_ to TSI Ashleigh

to TSI Ashleigh
I don't have a land line service. I have DSL 6 Pro + Band C - Dry DSL -RED and use my own TP Link TD-W8960N. The modem has always solid ADSL light and only occasionally Internet light.
What other details/stats would you like? How do I get it?
V_

V_ to bryanviper

to bryanviper
I could use filter but this line is dedicated modem connection only; no tel. service. It's frustrating to have an issue all of a sudden. I have this connection since July and it was working fine. In October started having issues and I haven't done any changes. Could be my modem TP Link TD-W8960N? Was brand new when I started using in July or maybe bell line degraded? Which cmd for the stats should I use?

bryanviper
Toronto, CAN

bryanviper to V_

to V_
If you post in the direct forum Teksavvy should be able to give you your line stats.

Also do you notice the line goes down more when it rains? if so it could be a bad line outside.
V_

V_ to bryanviper

to bryanviper
Click for full size
that's the only test I've got... last few days there is hardly any connection

bryanviper
Toronto, CAN

bryanviper to V_

to V_
you need to post in the first forum - »/fo ··· avdirect

So they can help you & get line stats and so on as the Teksavvy rep posted above.
V_

V_

Tnx. I've posted on the forum you recommended and got list of tests that I will through in order to determine what's happening.
I'm glad I found this forum ))