Search similar:

uniqs

Puremin0rez
join:2012-02-22

Puremin0rez to baess

to baess

Re: Incorrect regional IP?

said by baess:

(Assuming I am getting the correct info) I'm in Illinois and my ISP is 69.47.yyy.xxx and my rDNS is d47-69-xxx-yyy.try.wideopenwest.com.

So also out of Troy, MI. First time I ever looked it up so maybe its always been there.

My IP now starts with 69.47 as well and I'm in Illinois. My RDNS has "col" instead of "nap" in it now.

Clearly I don't live anywhere near Columbus, OH so I don't understand.

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI
TP-Link Archer C7
Linksys WRT54GS
Linksys WRT54G v4

Bill_MI to NormanS

MVM

to NormanS
said by NormanS:

GeoIP Javascript from MaxMind - (blank, no city)

I had to go to the MaxMind site to see this one and figured it was my end - maybe not.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to Puremin0rez

to Puremin0rez
said by Puremin0rez:

My IP now starts with 69.47 as well and I'm in Illinois. My RDNS has "col" instead of "nap" in it now.

Maybe someone can explain why we are in the same market, our IP's start with the same two numbers but we are out of different sites (Troy and Columbus). Both of which are a quite far from our local site. I sure can't figure it out.

Napsterbater
Meh
MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

Napsterbater

MVM

said by baess:

said by Puremin0rez:

Maybe someone can explain why we are in the same market, our IP's start with the same two numbers but we are out of different sites (Troy and Columbus). Both of which are a quite far from our local site. I sure can't figure it out.

As we said before, IPs don't have a "Location" or "area", ISP can move or put any IP's where ever they want.

Most likely the rDNS is just wrong and not updated yet.