Search similar:

uniqs
golsonkp
join:2014-11-14
Il

golsonkp to drose25

to drose25

Re: Uverse video glitching since last night

I heard it could be the update for the NV 589 . Is that what you have?

TimeLord04
join:2014-11-13
Danville, CA

TimeLord04

said by golsonkp:

I heard it could be the update for the NV 589 . Is that what you have?

It's not the update to the 589... This was first happening on 2WIRE...
TimeLord04

2 edits

TimeLord04 to gadawg

to gadawg
said by gadawg:

I am not a tech and have a different modem than you(INID and 2wire). I think you should have cat5 from the box on the outside of the house to the RG (I am sure one of the techs on here will correct me if I am wrong). Then coax or cat5 from the RG to the STB's. I understand that you currently have coax from the RG to the TV's. Is the RG in the "centralized area in the garage"? has the coax from the RG to the DVR been checked? It's possible that cable could be damaged and causing problems.

FYI, I live in an older house (built in 1974) and have cat5 cable. The last time a tech was here he used the old coax to pull new cat5 cables. So if you(or an ATT tech) wanted to replace the existing coax with cat5, you could do the same thing.

The way this house was built precludes the possibility of running Cat5 into the garage from the side of the house. I've asked my dad; he's a General Contractor. He did MAJOR reconstruction to the house in 1996. To run Cat5 to the garage would mean running it on the OUTSIDE of the building. My dad WILL NOT allow this.

The Phone Line tests fine. The Coax tests fine. NO ERRORS, NO PROBLEMS... The problem is a Network Issue.

In the remodel of 1996, space was reclaimed, and a new room was built into what was dead space over the garage. I call this new room "The Closet." The Closet is next to the office, (formerly a bedroom), and it is The Closet where the RG, and all of my Network stuff is sitting. (...and, now, the DVR.) A clean set of Phone Wire goes from the garage into The Closet; same with one run of Coax. This is how everything is connected, and will remain connected, unless and until we move.

[EDIT]

My Network is setup:

Three Vonage Devices to a new 8-Port Gigabit Switch, (replacing a Cisco Valet router acting as a switch), 8-Port Switch to the new Linksys Dual Band Router, (replaced D-Link Router, yesterday), and then Linksys to the RG.

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande to drose25

MVM,

to drose25
Interestingly enough, I finally replaced my 2 old switches last night with a new 24port Cisco 10/100/1000 PoE switch with 48Gig backplane and I'm seeing a freezing behavior now, 10 seconds after changing channels, when the STB makes the transition from the unicast TCP stream to the multicast stream. It freezes for around 3-5 seconds or so like the multicast join is delayed and then once it establishes it takes off again. That is pretty annoying. If it keeps up, I'm going to have to tap the port and capture to see what it is doing. I guess the first thing to check is that I'm running a more recent firmware release to rule out any previously known multicast/IGMP snooping issues.

I set up an isolated VLAN on my switch that I have directly connected to my NVG589 running over 1 Gig copper using a CAT6 patch cord. All the STBs are directly connected to ports on my switch running at 100 Full. The rest of my home network is connected to other VLANs on that same switch behind my Cisco 3825 that also has a 1Gig connection to the NVG589. If anything, I would have thought things would be better and not worse.
rolande

rolande

MVM,

I talked to my daughters and it seems this freezing issue on channel change was going on yesterday during the day, too, before I upgraded my switch. I just tested again on a bunch of different channels on my DVR box which is wired and I'm not seeing the freezing anymore.

brookeKrige
join:2012-11-05
San Jose, CA

brookeKrige to TimeLord04

to TimeLord04
When 1st I got non-Power uverse (then with userse VOIP), the tech used internal wiring and *isolated* the NID-to-RG run of it, from the rest.

Especially if you don't need/plan to use "the rest" of internal wiring for actual phone service, you may have flexibility of which jack to use for driving the RG, letting you relocate the RG.

The "more" internal wiring you use between NID and RG I'm sure theoretically degrades the connection, and increases chance of in-the-house bridge tab effects?

Anyway... might be able to move RG to master-bedroom's phone jack (with tech's help I guess, if they had already isolated a portion for the old jack now driving the RG), to place DVR there too (short cat5 from RG to DVR a few feet away), eliminating coax between them (yet still of course using coax for some or all other remote STBs).

TimeLord04
Danville, CA

3 edits

TimeLord04

said by brookeKrige:

When 1st I got non-Power uverse (then with userse VOIP), the tech used internal wiring and *isolated* the NID-to-RG run of it, from the rest.

Especially if you don't need/plan to use "the rest" of internal wiring for actual phone service, you may have flexibility of which jack to use for driving the RG, letting you relocate the RG.

The "more" internal wiring you use between NID and RG I'm sure theoretically degrades the connection, and increases chance of in-the-house bridge tab effects?

Anyway... might be able to move RG to master-bedroom's phone jack (with tech's help I guess, if they had already isolated a portion for the old jack now driving the RG), to place DVR there too (short cat5 from RG to DVR a few feet away), eliminating coax between them (yet still of course using coax for some or all other remote STBs).

We are using four of the six pairs of phone line for the Vonage devices. They, (according to Vonage instructions), back feed through the house wires to get signal to all the phones in the house. New instructions say up to four phones per line; old instructions said more...

My parents' home phone line has four old wired phones, and a cordless AT&T set with wired base that has three cordless handsets. [From research I did in 2005, 7 handsets, (cordless, wired, or combined), is the absolute max. that a Vonage device can handle per phone line.]

My dad's business phones have two wired connections, and one cordless set. My dad's business also has a Vonage fax line.

My phone line has one base unit and four cordless handsets.

So, that's four VOIP RJ-11 lines from the three Vonage devices running four RJ-11 household lines.

Since my dad has 6-Pair phone line cable run through the house, that leaves two pairs of lines for the U-verse gateway, and that means that ALL of the Phone Lines are in use in this house.

As tested by AT&T, all used lines for U-verse tested "good", before Port two was added... All Coax lines test good... (2nd, or third time I've typed this info...) It is a Network problem - as tested by AT&T Tech four...

[EDIT]

Also, no degradation of VOIP occurs during phone calls on any of the VOIP lines. Calls are crystal clear... Yet, somehow these three devices are causing problems with the U-verse TV service...

Again, Monday the Bridge Tap gets removed from Port two. Thus restoring our ability to Speed Test at approx. 50.38 Mb DL max; as achieved when the Port switch and second Port were installed. Then Tuesday, when I get the new Vonage devices, I will install the three new Vonage devices. Then I will again monitor the TV service for any more pixelations... :-/

Hopefully that will take care of everything; because that will mean that everything on the Network has been changed out; or, eliminated a source of trouble.

[2nd EDIT]

The Bridge Tap shows up as being 240 feet away from the house... I seriously doubt that the Vonage devices would give that kind of reading... Especially only after having the Port two installed by AT&T; that's some coincidence... Because, NO Bridge Tap has shown up before this, and we've been on U-verse for over five years; and Vonage longer.

Canezoid
End of line
join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA

Canezoid to drose25

to drose25
Video glitching here today also on channel changes, have not had this problem before either.

Video freezes or pixelates only when I change channels, watching HD.

All STB's on ethernet, 589 RG, single pair 25M connection. Don't think is coincidence based on others posts.

TimeLord04
Danville, CA

1 edit

TimeLord04

GREAT NEWS:

AT&T came out today, (Sunday), and removed the Bridge Tap. (Another Port switch...) Outside lines balance and have no errors.

Tech six setup a rush appointment for today for an inside Tech, (Tech seven), to come out and check everything inside. Tech seven is to arrive between 1 PM and 4 PM - PST, today.

[EDIT]

6:30 PM - PST

Tech six and seven were here most of the day. Tech six was released by Tech seven around 5 PM. Tech seven continued working on the problem.

Tech six and seven together made another Port switch on lines one and two. Then when Tech seven was working alone, he made a change to the house wiring. Together, Tech seven and I got everything else reconnected to the RG. Then he did final tests.

Now, all Phone Lines again test "good". All Coax Lines test "good". This time, NO NETWORK ERRORS SHOW!!! So, while I actually didn't need to order new Vonage devices; they will still be here Tuesday, I will change them, just because I will now have them...

ALL IS WELL!!!
TimeLord04

1 edit

TimeLord04

Update:

Video pixelations persist to this day... No one knows why.

Latest developments: Insisted on new run of Cat5e from NID to RG. Tech came out and ran Cat5e from NID, on outside of house, through an outside vent into the attic above the garage, from the attic in the garage into the upstairs room where the RG, (and my Network equipment), sits. With the DVR still connected to the RG via Ethernet; we STILL are getting pixelations on multiple HD Channels and at various times of the day.

With the latest development that AT&T is going to raise rates and multiple fees; we have decided to move the DVR back to the Master Bedroom onto COAX, move the new 1200 Non-DVR Box from Master Bedroom to my bedroom and replace suspected bad 1200 Box in my room. (At the newly proposed $8 fee per Non-DVR box rented, we cannot justify having a "fifth" box in the house.) So, this will leave us with a total of Four Boxes; one DVR, one 1200 Box, and two Wireless boxes.

Am being told by latest Tech that "...some pixelation on U-verse is 'normal'." I find that hard to believe; especially when we didn't have ANY problems prior to September on 18 Mb Internet on a straight COAX install!!!!!

Anyone have any ideas NOW!!!???!!!??? :/ (Frustrated...)

[EDIT]

Also, dad is contemplating dropping the newly acquired 45Mb Internet package... Unfortunately, from other posts elsewhere in this Forum, I have read that the 24Mb package we were on is no longer being offered, so we can't go back to that... So, we may be going back to 18Mb package...

I'm hoping that dropping the 5th box that I can convince my dad to stay on the 45Mb package. We'll see.

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

trparky

Premium Member

When I had Time Warner Cable in my neck of the woods, pixelation was a thing that I dealt with on a daily basis. Worse than what I'm getting with uVerse. The TWC cable plant in my area is absolute shit; it's been neglected for years. I'm surprised that it still works.

TimeLord04
Danville, CA

TimeLord04

said by trparky:

When I had Time Warner Cable in my neck of the woods, pixelation was a thing that I dealt with on a daily basis. Worse than what I'm getting with uVerse. The TWC cable plant in my area is absolute shit; it's been neglected for years. I'm surprised that it still works.

Yes; but, on U-verse our pixelations occur on Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, NCIS, NCIS New Orleans, NCIS Los Angeles, Big Bang Theory, The Flash, Arrow... Need I go on???!!!??? Pretty much ALL PRIME TIME IS AFFECTED!!! This is ridiculous!!!
TimeLord04

TimeLord04

Update:

While we are still on 45 Mb Internet; I wanted to post here my FEC Errors. I think Line 1 is quite high. (This is on Cat5e...)

Line 1: Downstream: FEC Errors: 102,183

Line 2: Downstream: FEC Errors: 157

There are no CRC Errors on either line. (According to ALL previous AT&T Techs; there has been NO CRC Errors at ANY time in ANY of our install configurations.) All other stats look OK/Good.

(Still frustrated!!!)

gadawg
join:2006-01-27
Louisville, KY

gadawg

Are there any switches between the RG and dvr?

TimeLord04
Danville, CA

4 edits

TimeLord04

said by gadawg:

Are there any switches between the RG and dvr?

Right now, the DVR is connected directly to the RG via Ethernet. We are going to revert the installation and move the DVR back to the Master Bedroom which is on COAX.

[EDIT]

Original Install: Straight COAX, 18Mb Internet Package

DVR in Family Room in Entertainment Center with 40" TV. 1200 Box in downstairs bedroom. 1200 Box in Master Bedroom. 1200 Box in my bedroom.

Upgraded Internet Package to 24Mb; noticed pixelations in September 2014.

Modified Install: Straight COAX

One 1200 Box removed. DVR put to Master Bedroom with moved 40" TV to M.B.. Wireless Box put in Family Room at new 65" TV. 1200 Box in downstairs bedroom. 1200 box in my bedroom.

Pixelations continue.

Re-Modified Install: Taken Off COAX put on RJ-11 Phone Line to RG

Changed RG to NVG589 from 2Wire.

Wireless Box 1 still at 65" TV in Family Room. 1200 Box removed from downstairs bedroom, replaced with Wireless Box 2. DVR in M.B.. 1200 Box in my room.

Upgraded to 45Mb Internet Pacakage.

Pixelations persist.

Modified Install 2: Still on Phone Line to RG

Moved DVR to RG and connected by Ethernet. Installed new 1200 Box in M.B.. Wireless Box 1 at 65" TV. Wireless Box 2 in downstairs bedroom.

Pixelations persist.

Modified Install 2-A: New Home Run of Cat5e from NID to RG

No change in box positions. My bedroom and Master Bedroom remain on COAX; CANNOT change this install, house too old and too convoluted to run Cat5e to bedrooms.

Pixelations persist.

Have called Tech to move DVR back to M.B., move new 1200 Box to my room, deactivate old 1200 Box from my room, no change in Wireless Boxes. No word yet from Tech as to when this will happen.
TimeLord04

TimeLord04

Update

Had to call into U-verse to schedule YET ANOTHER Tech!!! New Tech to arrive Monday between 8:30AM and 12PM - PST.

Wish me luck. :/

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande to TimeLord04

MVM,

to TimeLord04
said by TimeLord04:

Over what period of time did these errors accumulate? If I recall the threshold for potential problems is about 1,000 FECs per hour.

If you are having no CRC errors, then pixelation must be due to packet drops between the RG the DVR and potentially another STB. I presume the pixelation occurs on any of the STBs at any time on any channel.

Did you say you are using HPNA over COAX to connect the DVR and STBs? There are definitely known issues with that setup due to marginal coax connections and issues with a shared carrier using collision detection and avoidance. Ethernet distribution is by far the preferred and recommended way to install it. If you are using HPNA over COAX, if there is any possible way to isolate your DVR onto a CAT5 ethernet jack and leave the rest of the STBs on COAX, I would try that, even if it is a temporary setup.

TimeLord04
Danville, CA

1 edit

TimeLord04

said by rolande:

said by TimeLord04:

Over what period of time did these errors accumulate? If I recall the threshold for potential problems is about 1,000 FECs per hour.

If you are having no CRC errors, then pixelation must be due to packet drops between the RG the DVR and potentially another STB. I presume the pixelation occurs on any of the STBs at any time on any channel.

Did you say you are using HPNA over COAX to connect the DVR and STBs? There are definitely known issues with that setup due to marginal coax connections and issues with a shared carrier using collision detection and avoidance. Ethernet distribution is by far the preferred and recommended way to install it. If you are using HPNA over COAX, if there is any possible way to isolate your DVR onto a CAT5 ethernet jack and leave the rest of the STBs on COAX, I would try that, even if it is a temporary setup.

Rolande, et. al.,

PLEASE pay attention!!! RIGHT NOW THE DVR IS CONNECTED TO THE RG VIA CAT5 ETHERNET!!! It DID NOT HELP!!! IT DID NOTHING TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE!!!

FURTHER, OUR COAX CABLES HAVE BEEN TESTED TIME AND TIME AGAIN AND HAVE ZERO ERRORS!!!

Therefore, we are going to eliminate the need of a 5th box by moving the DVR BACK TO THE MASTER BEDROOM WHICH IS ON COAX!!! This is happening Monday!!!

The DVR has been on Ethernet for a month!!! WE STILL HAVE MANY RANDOM PIXELATIONS!!!

[EDIT]

The pixelations occur on ALL 4 TV's both LIVE and RECORDED media!!! BOTH ON WIRED COAX BOXES AND WIRELESS STB's!!! YOU CAN"T POSSSIBLY TELL ME IT'S COAX RELATED, NOW!!!!

[EDIT]

...AND, Per AT&T Tech Number Four, "There are NO HPNA errors on the COAX Lines."

gadawg
join:2006-01-27
Louisville, KY
ARRIS BGW210-700

gadawg

No need to shout at everyone. It is hard to read through all of the posts and keep everything in order. This is true of any topic not just yours.

We are only trying to offer help and suggestions. I have had all boxes hooked up via coax and had pixilation and now have all connected by cat5 and get occasional pixilation. It can happen over either connection method. I hope switching everything back to the way it was before solves your pixilation problems.

my thoughts
@24.209.161.x

my thoughts

Anon

At this point I am inclined to believe foreign voltage from one of hardwired tvs is backfeeding into RG via either DVR or 1200. Have tech use tester on back of tvs, if this is issue need to tvs grounded... using either a 442C or 442 and will need grounded outlets. The 442 needs to be plugged direct to ground wall socket not an outlet strip.

Acceptable FEC are 100/min or 6000/hour that is 144, 000 a day. Fec also dramatically increase due to EMI most often associated with electric storms but other items can also affect.

When on 18M internet was your profile 25M?
Where is your SN margins on the lines?

brookeKrige
join:2012-11-05
San Jose, CA

brookeKrige

You described everything being swapped out at least once (DVR itself right?, VRAD port even, RG ...) -- I assume alternate HDMI cables too, and your TV's are not all the same manufacturer, and hope you verified component video connections instead doesn't help. Maybe all we can do is try to thoroughly document more characteristics about the problem (for comparison if others have similar issue in future).

Meanwhile though its a royal pain, push ATT to continue swapping your VRAD port and your DVR itself in attempt to fix it. Could happen that you swapped from one poor DVR to 2nd poor DVR or one poor port(s) to 2nd poor ports.

ATT deserves scorn by the way. The user may experience errors in their final visualization of a digital transmission. The RG logs incoming errors until that point. But every additional hop needs to also provide error counts:

Each DVR/STB is receiving video: so log errors, including evidence of dropped packets or frames, and provide UI to report error counts to the user.
Each DVR/STB is decoding their internal format to drive a real TV: so log errors detected during this final decode, and provide UI to report error counts to the user.

What else is there to document?:

A. No load scenario: You may have done this one already. Against crap theories about network-interference, or CPU overload (in RG or DVR), verify absolutely no network devices connected at all (disable wifi in the RG; disconnect ALL other wired devices: PC, game boxes, VOIP ATA, smart disc players, smart TV ethernets...), power down all three STB, so the ONLY things on and connected are: RG, the wired DVR, and one TV connected to the DVR: Still pixellates I'm sure.

B. Replay repeatability: Provided pixellation is sometimes sparse enough yet persistent enough, if you rewind and slow-mo thru it, again and again, can you reach a conclusion as to whether the pixellation is repeatable? Occurring in about the same places when slow-mo thru the same scene every time? Or its new and completely different/random every time thru a replay of same video interval? When you pause the pixellation stays as-is on screen on that frame?

C. Live TV during 1st 30-seconds(?) immediately after a channel change: Does that special 1st 30-seconds also pixellate about as much, or is it virtually perfect (until the 30 seconds are up)? Channel change will use regular TCP briefly, before converting to UDP/multicast. Is it consistent, repeatable during rewind/replay/slo-mo thru that 1st 30 seconds, over and over again?

D. Verify at least one close neighbor has u-verse TV with no pixellation.
E. Put RG--DVR--TV in faraday cage (only power and homerun coming thru): Does it still pixellate

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande to TimeLord04

MVM,

to TimeLord04
As gadawg See Profile said, please stop shouting at us. We are only trying to assist you. You have posted a ton of information on multiple occasions and most of us don't have time to go back and re-read the entire thread to keep it straight.

'my thoughts' sounds like he has a really good bead on the other ghost in the machine which is EMI backfeeding from a TV. I would completely turn off and unplug all your TVs and STBs, as well as any other devices attached to the same power strip, except for the DVR and the TV it is connected to. Test it for awhile and see if you still get random frequent pixelation. If so, look at where your RG is plugged in and power off and disconnect any other adjacent devices to it as well. You may also want to try using the DVR with different TVs to rule out the existing TV, as well.

If you are able to eliminate the pixelation through any of these steps, then you have isolated the Gremlin. Go back and reconnect and power on one device at a time and monitor after each. Assuming the problem is frequent, I would expect you will quickly find the culprit. As 'my thoughts' said, if you have any ungrounded devices, your best bet is to add a ground adapter.

TimeLord04
Danville, CA

TimeLord04 to brookeKrige

to brookeKrige
Answer to "A": Yes, pixelation persists.

"B": Yes, pixelation is repeatable. If watching Live TV, (NOT immediately recording show), and pixelation pops up; can hit "Record", switch to recording and replay pixelation. Stays on screen during pause, as well.

"C": Never pixelates during channel change; always later into show, sometimes several different times/locations in show.

"D" Unsure if ANY neighbors have U-verse besides us... NO other 2Wire, nor ATT SSID signals seen... All broadcast SSID's have unique names; or router names like "Netgear", "Cisco", etc.

"E": Cannot proceed... No Faraday cage available.

Three TV's, (all HD LED/LCD TV's), are same manufacturer. (Samsung.) The fourth TV is an OLD solid state CRT TV, in the downstairs bedroom.

Two HDMI Cables are from Magnolia Hi-Fi. They are the Cinnamon 2M cables... Approx. $100 each, including tax. My HDMI cables are a generic set from COSTCO.
TimeLord04

TimeLord04 to my thoughts

to my thoughts
said by my thoughts :

At this point I am inclined to believe foreign voltage from one of hardwired tvs is backfeeding into RG via either DVR or 1200. Have tech use tester on back of tvs, if this is issue need to tvs grounded... using either a 442C or 442 and will need grounded outlets. The 442 needs to be plugged direct to ground wall socket not an outlet strip.

Acceptable FEC are 100/min or 6000/hour that is 144, 000 a day. Fec also dramatically increase due to EMI most often associated with electric storms but other items can also affect.

When on 18M internet was your profile 25M?
Where is your SN margins on the lines?

I don't know what our "profile" was when we were on 18Mb Internet Package...

SN is:

Line 1, Downstream: 23.8, Upstream: 0

Line 2, Downstream: 21.1, Upstream: 0

Line Attenuation: Line 1: DL 23.8, UL 0 Line 2: DL 24, UL 0

Line 1 FEC Errors continue to climb. Now at 111,022... Line 2 remains at 157.
Craiger
join:2012-07-05
Chesterfield, MO

1 edit

Craiger to drose25

to drose25
Not trying to be mean but you may think you have all your stuff hooked up right? I'm wondering if you should have the AT&T tech check to make sure you have all your equipment, Vonage boxes, switches cabling going to them ect hooked up right. Also this maybe be a dumb question but do you have DSL filters on every jack? Or does UVerse TV, Internet and Phone not need DSL filters? One other thing the main line coming into the home may need to be checked. That could be corrupted. Or maybe the NID or ONT might need to be replaced depending upon how old it is? Also maybe some of the phone jacks in the home have gone bad. We had our internet and phone go down turns out some the jacks were bad. The AT&T tech replaced the ones he thought were bad and everything came back online.

TimeLord04
Danville, CA

1 edit

TimeLord04

said by Craiger:

Not trying to be mean but you may think you have all your stuff hooked up right? I'm wondering if you should have the AT&T tech check to make sure you have all your equipment, Vonage boxes, switches cabling going to them ect hooked up right. Also this maybe be a dumb question but do you have DSL filters on every jack? Or does UVerse TV, Internet and Phone not need DSL filters? One other thing the main line coming into the home may need to be checked. That could be corrupted. Or maybe the NID or ONT might need to be replaced depending upon how old it is? Also maybe some of the phone jacks in the home have gone bad. We had our internet and phone go down turns out some the jacks were bad. The AT&T tech replaced the ones he thought were bad and everything came back online.

1.) EVERYTHING is installed PERFECTLY! (Not shouting... Caps for emphasis.) - Textbook Installations... All Network Equipment on Cat5 or Cat5e.

2.) Because NO POTS, no filters required at all!

3.) If you read all the posts; you'd see that the latest Home Run Line is a Professionally, AT&T Tech run Cat5e cable from the NID to the RG. No faults, no cuts, no splices... One straight run of pure Cat5e.

When this was done, the Tech took it upon himself to install a new NID. Why??? Unknown, because the old NID was just fine; but, we have a brand new NID.

4.) There is NOTHING on the phone jacks but our Vonage lines; and, they are working PERFECTLY! (Also, when new NID installed; ALL RJ-11 Phone Lines were removed from being connected to ANY AT&T equipment in the NID. The RJ-11 Phone Lines are floating free in the NID.)

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

trparky

Premium Member

At this point I would consider disconnecting the set-top boxes from the network one by one and test the stability of the video streams. This would rule out possible bad set-top boxes that could very well be feeding voltage back into the Ethernet network. I would also consider disconnecting any and all network switches and computers for this test as well.

TimeLord04
Danville, CA

1 edit

TimeLord04

said by trparky:

At this point I would consider disconnecting the set-top boxes from the network one by one and test the stability of the video streams. This would rule out possible bad set-top boxes that could very well be feeding voltage back into the Ethernet network. I would also consider disconnecting any and all network switches and computers for this test as well.

Already performed this test... (Again, ONLY two boxes currently "wired" and are COAX. Two boxes are Wireless; and the pixelations happen on ALL boxes, ALL TV's, mostly on Prime Time - but all throughout the day.) Computer Network on Linksys Router is NOT putting noise, nor interference into RG. Apparently; no U-verse boxes putting noise, nor interference into HPNA, NO CRC's, just FEC's.
TimeLord04

1 edit

TimeLord04 to my thoughts

to my thoughts
said by my thoughts :

As Tech arrives tomorrow between 8:30 AM and 12:00 PM - PST; I will have him check into this... I don't know what a 442C; nor a 442, is/are however - how do you ground a two prong cord from a TV??? All the TV's in the house are two prong; "Hot" and "Neutral" pins...

Assuming that the Tech has 442C's, or 442's, with him; we will need some kind of extension cord for the TV cord to reach directly to the grounded outlet. I would assume that using such a cord defeats the purpose of the 442 device(s).
Craiger
join:2012-07-05
Chesterfield, MO

Craiger to drose25

to drose25
I found this online.

»attuverse-att-uverse.blo ··· rse.html