Search similar:

uniqs

Jack in VA
Premium Member
join:2014-07-07
North, VA

Jack in VA

Premium Member

[Equipment] Officially on Home Fusion (LTE Internet (Installed)

Well final installation of equipment today. Cantenna moved to see better line of sight to tower. 3 more days on ex Millenicom Hotspot.

AnonDude
@97.95.152.x

AnonDude

Anon

Since the caps are pretty small I'd refrain from doing too many speed tests. 1 speed test a day can use a couple GB per month.
AmericanMan
Premium Member
join:2013-12-28
united state

AmericanMan

Premium Member

How much data does speedtest.net use per speed test? I don't know the answer, just curious.

Testmy.net allows you set your own speed test size limits, although I think if you complete the download in under 7 seconds it automatically notches the size up and tries again, so you can't set it too small.

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna to AnonDude

to AnonDude
On a faster connection, it uses about 50mb. (for example, the 16.24mbps above.
said by AnonDude :

Since the caps are pretty small I'd refrain from doing too many speed tests. 1 speed test a day can use a couple GB per month.

patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to Jack in VA

to Jack in VA
Did you get double data promo?

If not wouldnt it be better to signup and get a nice hotspot via vzw?

AnonDude
@97.95.152.x

AnonDude

Anon

said by patt2k:

Did you get double data promo?

If not wouldnt it be better to signup and get a nice hotspot via vzw?

Double data did not apply to Homefusion unless you're getting it through a More Everything plan that also has phone lines. Also that offer ended a week ago. Unless you were getting 40 GB or higher Homefusion was cheaper anyway. $120 for 30 GB. vs $130 PLUS $20 device fee with More Everything. Also Homefusion cantenna is better since it's a stronger antenna that is mounted outside and higher up. Hotspot you have a weaker antenna inside usually lower to the ground.

DanielBG
@66.102.196.x

DanielBG to patt2k

Anon

to patt2k
I missed the Double Data promotion. If I would have known I would have went with the 100GB option for $375. I could set 10GB for my two lines on my More Everything plan and allocate (through FamilyBase) the remaining 90GB for the Home Fusion. Too bad it will likely be some time before Verizon brings back the Double Data promotion again.
AmericanMan
Premium Member
join:2013-12-28
united state

AmericanMan

Premium Member

Can't hurt to call and ask. The most they can tell you is "no", or you might get fortunate and find somebody who can slide you in.

Just be honest with them, tell them you heard about the promo after it was too late, but would like to know if there's anyway you could get in on the 100 GB plan at those promo prices.

Jack in VA
Premium Member
join:2014-07-07
North, VA

Jack in VA

Premium Member

Verizon deactivated my 4620LE sometime today so I'm now totally on the Home Fusion system.