Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to mazhurg

Premium Member

to mazhurg

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition blows

said by mazhurg:

Very important: If you want the world of Inquisition to reflect your actions in the previous games; make sure you go to the keep and verify / set all the flags there as - as I found out - many are being missed.

You're not kidding. I just went in there, selected my characters, and half of the choices were wrong.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to Savious

to Savious
Where do we go to check these flags? I pre-loaded the game.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Im saving this for my 4 day weekend over Thanksgiving. My wife is going out of town and I am not sure if my family is coming to visit, but I am not going anywhere.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord to Savious

to Savious
The Kotaku review is overwhelmingly positive.

»kotaku.com/dragon-age-in ··· 59833205

Sadly it was not written by Totilo, so in-before-Adalicia-says-boo.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Boo.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord to Savious

to Savious
Rock Paper Shotgun has nothing but praises for the game.

Dragon Age: Inquisition might just be my favourite game released this year. Considering my expectations and relationship with recent BioWare games, that’s about as likely as Saturday night’s soggy kebab being my favourite meal of the year. I’ve spent almost sixty hours uncovering as much of Inquisition’s enormous open world and intricate story as possible, and as soon as I have a few days free, I’ll be spending another sixty or eighty hours seeing it all through new eyes.

»www.rockpapershotgun.com ··· isition/

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Screen shots of the game posted on DSO look beautiful. Let's hope is runs great. The other titles ran really good though...

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord to Savious

to Savious
From the RPS review:

I haven’t enjoyed a BioWare game this much since Baldur’s Gate II and I haven’t enjoyed an RPG this much since…well, Divinity: Original Sin. Ask me to choose between them though and I’d throw sand in your eyes and run a for the hills clutching them both to my chest.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
My god....this game is fuckin' gorgeous. Seriously. I don't think there's much that rivals these visuals. The screen shots that have been shown around the web so far don't lie.

Graphics settings defaulted to Ultra for me. SLI works great so far with high GPU usage between both cards. I'm running the 344.48 drivers right now, which are the older ones. Runs great so far from the little I played.

This game is going to be a real treat.

TigerLord

Canada

1 edit

TigerLord to Savious

to Savious
Holy shit is right. Getting 20 fps at 2560x1600 with triple 290X at Ultra.

I'll check if AMD released new drivers.

Character creator is extremely powerful, as is the engine evidently that drives the game.

Edit: downloaded latest beta driver from yesterday, enabled Mantle AND holy shit... just wow. Solid performance (100+ fps).

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Played through the prologue at 1080p from the recliner, solid 60fps everything set to ultra. Game looks great, although I had some jitter. I'll play around with the settings tomorrow to see if I can get rid of that. I'll also have to see what my two 780s can do at 1600p.

I'm playing on hard, and actually had the whole party wipe on the prologue boss. Went back and played more tactfully (made sure Cassandra was taunting and using shield wall against the boss, and the DPS characters made short work of the adds) and it was a breeze.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

I'm playing on hard too. I ended up making a Qunari Mage. I figured the melee damage reduction bonus would help being a caster.

You should be plenty fine running at 1600p. At 1440p, I was getting a solid 60fps the whole time.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
You guys suck.

Even TL is playing before me...fack!!

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to TigerLord

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

From the RPS review:

I haven’t enjoyed a BioWare game this much since Baldur’s Gate II and I haven’t enjoyed an RPG this much since…well, Divinity: Original Sin. Ask me to choose between them though and I’d throw sand in your eyes and run a for the hills clutching them both to my chest.

That is a bold fucking statement.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I'm all preloaded and ready. I saw there was a multiplayer perk in the digital deluxe version.

I was unaware there was an MP option. Is it coop?

mazhurg
Premium Member
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON

mazhurg to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Envious of all you playing... Taking the wife out for errands this PM and getting the game then - I did order hard copies. The waiting is killing me

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord to Savious

to Savious
Im 5h in the game. It is... art.

I had just killed the Arishok in DAII when I got the e-mail notification at 12:01 DA:I was available. I didn't even finish DA2 and jumped straight into DA:I.

First, make sure your story is reflected correctly on dragonkeep.com, importing a custom world condition is super easy and works well.

Secondly, DA2 and DA:I are so different they might have been made a decade apart.

DA:I looks as good as The Witcher 2 did, with the openness of Skyrim. That itself is an achievement.

I am not going to make bold statements like RPS and compare it to Baldurs Gate II or Divinity Original Sin, but I find the comparison valid nonetheless.

The stars aligned with this one, they appeared to have knocked it out of the park.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Well...I've been waiting for something to unseat Shadow of Mordor for GotY.

DA:I just might be it. Time will tell.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Been playing for almost 5 hours myself (yes I took the day off, don't judge me) and have just barely done anything in the first zone due to all of the conversations and the readable lore material littered everywhere. I keep hitting the wrong buttons due to finishing up DA2 the day before yesterday...space jumps and doesn't pause and there is no click to move...but I'll get the hang of it. Epic so far.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

said by TheBionic:

space jumps and doesn't pause and there is no click to move...but I'll get the hang of it.

Is this made more for a joystick?

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by ekster:

said by TheBionic:

space jumps and doesn't pause and there is no click to move...but I'll get the hang of it.

Is this made more for a joystick?

I'm playing with an Xbox 360 controller and it works great so far.

K/B & Mouse probably works good.

mazhurg
Premium Member
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON

mazhurg to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
Gamepad - straight translation from consoles. It's one of the items being criticized currently out there.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Damn, with the high praise going so far as mentioning BG2 and Original Sin, I was hoping for a more DA:O feel with more strategy than DA2's action.

Guess I'll wait till this one goes on sale then.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

said by ekster:

I was hoping for a more DA:O feel with more strategy than DA2's action.

Guess I'll wait till this one goes on sale then.

It is more of a hybrid between the two.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord to Savious

to Savious
I'm happy to report that in the greatest tradition of recent AAA RPG, the inventory system and general UI SUCK HERPETIC BALLS!

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

DA:O bad?

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

It's in the same vein.

The skill trees are also a mess, so much screen space wasted on useless information. You can't even see your entire skill tree in one window.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

said by TigerLord:

You can't even see your entire skill tree in one window.

God damnit.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
After playing The Witcher 2, any inventory system is a breath of fresh air to deal with.

I'm using a controller, and I didn't find it that bad so far. KB/M might be a different story though.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord to Savious

to Savious
Im going to plug in my controller and see if this enhances things.

I can't say KB+M feels great after all that time. Takes lots of clicks to even try to gear up companions.