uniqs
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

1 edit

bsangs

[Quantum] Quantum VMS problems - Network Status "Offline"

Well this one's weird... I'm in VHO7,

Two VMS servers in a 4-tv setup. Both froze at some point last night. Wouldn't respond to remote commands, wouldn't power off with the button on the actual VMS themselves. Oddly enough, the two IPC clients worked perfectly fine. Could access recordings from both VMS's using the IPC's, the entire range of channels were available.

Rebooted the main VMS last night and it hung on "Loading Configuration" screen. Tried again, same problem. Put it off for the night to wait until today. Tried again this morning, same thing. Replaced the coax to the VMS, tried again, same issue. However, it is recording and I can access recordings on it using the IPC's and the other VMS.

Rebooted the second VMS this morning and it hung on the "Loading Configuration" screen for much longer than usual, but it did complete the reboot and is working. HOWEVER under "System Information" the Network Status says "Offline" and the EPG Server Status, VOD Server Status, Widget Server Status and Search Server Status all read "Failed" on the second page of the "System Information" screen. It also does not have a WAN IP Address, just reads 0.0.0.0. (There is a LAN IP however.)

SNR Levels are fine, no short term error counts, Carrier Lock is true - all other readings are normal. Rebooted the ONT and the router, with no change in status. Anybody have any idea what the problem could be? Too early to get caught up in FiOS tech support so thought I'd come here first.

(Update: Shortly after posting this, the second VMS froze again and is stuck on "Loading Configuration" screen. Again, everything on that VMS is accessible from the IPC Clients, but it will not reboot properly. Wonderful.)
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565

You could try disconnecting all 4 devices. Then reconnect just the one VMS . There are instructions in one of the threads to force a reinitialization that might also be an option

Oh and when all 4 are disconnected reboot the router
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

Thanks. We (FiOS support & I) tried everything. Truck roll tomorrow.
bushleaguer
join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ

bushleaguer to bsangs

to bsangs
I had the exact same problem but with only 1 of our two servers....they sent a new one and that fixed things up. It was weird to see the client boxes functioning just fine while knowing that they are reliant on the server and it wouldn't fully reboot no matter what.