spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TurtleFan
join:2003-05-03
Wyckoff, NJ

TurtleFan

SNES 'All in one' carts?

I kn ow they make Jamma Boards as 'all in ones'..but is any enterprising soul doing the same in the form of SNES carts?

I have a new Supa Boy....and Hyperkin five. I'd love combo catridges. For instance, all the NES/Gameboy mario games on one cart. All the turtle gameboy/nes games on one cart. All the Megaman games, etc.

especially games that nintendo will never release again or on the virtual console...

Dejavu
Game Misconduct
Mod
join:2002-09-11
Ishpeming, MI

Dejavu

Mod

yep, I have this one and it works great: »www.retrousb.com/product ··· ts_id=84 OOS stock but its custom so more are coming.

Also heard this one is good also: »www.stoneagegamer.com/su ··· -na.html

Weirdal
Premium Member
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE

Weirdal to TurtleFan

Premium Member

to TurtleFan
I use a Super Everdrive V2 and it's wonderful; really easy to use. Be sure to check compatibility lists though because there are a few games with special chips that won't work. Super Mario Kart and Starfox are the standouts. This will be the case for most flash carts though (except the SD2SNES), and the compatibility is still like 95% or something.

You can get it relatively cheap from Retrogate. It's easy to just get the bare board and install it in a cart yourself if you want to save $10. Just file down a spot for the SD card. Retrogate ships from the Ukraine so it takes a while, but I didn't have any trouble with customs or anything. Highly recommended.

»shop.retrogate.com/Super ··· SED2.htm

edit: and if you're wondering, there exists a good flash cart for pretty much every popular system out there, down to the 2600!
TurtleFan
Wyckoff, NJ

TurtleFan to Dejavu

to Dejavu
said by Dejavu:

yep, I have this one and it works great: »www.retrousb.com/product ··· ts_id=84 OOS stock but its custom so more are coming.

I take it the second one just works with snes games and you can't put arcade game roms on there as well? that would be perfect

Weirdal
Premium Member
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE

Weirdal

Premium Member

said by TurtleFan:

said by Dejavu:

I take it the second one just works with snes games and you can't put arcade game roms on there as well? that would be perfect

Neither of them will. The games are played on an SNES, and an SNES cannot run arcade roms.
TurtleFan
Wyckoff, NJ

TurtleFan

ahh, gotcha.... ok. that's cool... these'll work fine. then I won't have to worry about travelling and loosing or damaging the original carts..

Dejavu
Game Misconduct
Mod
join:2002-09-11
Ishpeming, MI

Dejavu

Mod

nice thing is you can run homebrews and hacks as well so you get introduced to a lot of new stuff that was never commercially produced.