spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Dmnchild
join:2011-01-30
Columbia, MO

Dmnchild

[MO] Columbia MO - Outtages Off and On

Is something going on where signals keep dropping on and off? This has been going on since last Thursday or so. Starts in about midnight and goes till 5 am (or so)

Cant tell if its limited to just mediacom, dsl or what. Just seems like someone is messing around (working on? upgrading?) stuff during the night hours.

Intel would be nice since I cant find any service interruption issues on any of the primary ISP's websites ;(

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I don't show any known issues in the area that would be causing recurring or frequent disruptions. Maintenance overnight has been pretty quiet as well. I'm having trouble pulling modem stats so I can look into the area further. If you would, IM me your modem's MAC address, so I can be sure I'm pulling the correct equipment.
Dmnchild
join:2011-01-30
Columbia, MO

Dmnchild

Its multiple accounts (Our customers). My guess is there is work being done either by Mediacom, or by Centurylink (possibly laying out the fiber for the gbit service) that is causing loss of signals. They are bouncing right back most of the time. It only happens in off hours. Last week it was Wednesday and Thursday night, and was fine for the weekend. Then picked back up after the week all week this week. Betting tonight its quiet again since its a weekend. Also only during the hours ~12a-6a CST.

I just figured regardless if it was you or the other company, they would have given you guys a heads up since it seems to be interfering with your service as well ;p

Next time it happens (guessing monday night) I am going to cross check addresses and see if it seems to be neighborhoods or all over the place!
Dmnchild

Dmnchild

And it starts.. approx midnight (just before)

Given the reoccurring time frames and such, it has to be maintenance somewhere.

If not you, then its centurylink.
implode
join:2009-09-06
Columbia, MO

implode

Any idea when south side of town will have access to gigabit....called when they first started advertising it, but wasn't available. Looks like a GREAT deal on that bundle if they ever get it working.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Currently we do not have the capability to provide gigabit for residential services. We do continue to build and improve our networks and infrastructure, but have no estimate for when it will be available in all areas.
Samnang
join:2002-12-07
Columbia, MO

Samnang to Dmnchild

to Dmnchild
i currently moved to a new place in como, adsl centurylink service with recently moved mediacom service, i rememered i had to power cycle my router, but only my router. However centurylink seemed stable, right now i havent gotten to see any other issues other than you mentioned above. The speeds is still good for download, netlfix/crunchyroll.

The only thing that is kinda strange is connection on Skype for international voice/video calls seemed unstable, with centurylink no issues. Currently too lazy to isolate the issue yet lol
Samnang

Samnang

Currently mediacom connection is down.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Thank you for posting here about this. There was a maintenance window this morning in your area that has since been completed. If you have any other issues, please let me know.
Samnang
join:2002-12-07
Columbia, MO

Samnang

cool thanks

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to Dmnchild

Premium Member