uniqs

beck
MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road

beck

MVM

Asus x202e vivobook won't power on

I tested the power cord and opened the laptop, took it apart and tested the end/middle pin of 7 pins of the power jack and ground. It has power there when plugged in. There are no lights on the laptop when plugged in. Do I need to test the other pins on the jack? Need exact instructions for which pins with what.

I took the board off for the on/off button and the little switch clicks nicely.

Have no idea on what/how to test further. Anyone have ideas?
asdfdfdfdfdf
Premium Member
join:2012-05-09

asdfdfdfdfdf

Premium Member

You tested it in various configurations? For example it doesn't work on just the battery?
It doesn't work with the battery removed on just the adapter? No combination of batter/adapter or lack of either works?

beck
MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road

beck

MVM

no combination works. The battery is internal, so removed it and tried too. But nothing. No spin of drive or fan, no lights.
asdfdfdfdfdf
Premium Member
join:2012-05-09

1 edit

asdfdfdfdfdf to beck

Premium Member

to beck
It sounds like you are to the point where you would have to unplug it from power, remove a part at a time, plug it in and test it. Start with removing the memory and see if there are signs of life. Again I wouldn't do this with the machine plugged in. Then the drives. Then things like any I/O cards, screen etc. (pretty much anything with ribbon cables that can be detached until you have stripped it down to the motherboard and cpu.