IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Buying Contact Lenses Online

Now that I got fitted for contacts and I'll be getting my official prescription when I go for the follow up in two weeks, I'm thinking of buying my contacts on 1-800-Contacts through their iPhone app. Is this a good move, are they a good company or should I buy them from the eye doctor.
vom53
join:2014-07-29
Garden Grove, CA

vom53

Purchasing contact lenses online may be a cost-effective solution compared to purchasing from your eye care professional or from other retail stores. However, there are different type of contact lenses. Some of these lenses are Ortho-K, Plano, RGP, or Extended Wear lenses. These types of lenses are best purchased from your eye care professional or a retail store/pharmacy that you trust.

In regards to purchasing contact lenses online, 1-800-Contacts is a reputable business that has many satisfied costumers. If you find that they offer lower prices than your eye care professional, I would recommend purchasing "normal" contact lenses from them or from any other reputable online contact lenses retailer.

Remember your eyes are important. If this is the first time you are getting contact lenses, get them from your eye care professional.

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
I order my daughters contacts thru them. never had a problem.
GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
I've been getting my special toric contact lenses from Discountcontactlenses for the past 6 years and am very happy with them. Their prices are always competitive and the order/shipping process is very consistent/good every time.
I've never bought my lenses locally because they're special order anyway.
askinder
join:2010-07-08
Kansas City, MO

askinder to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
Costco is good.

Sundog
I'm an analog man in a digital world
Premium Member
join:2003-12-12
Tucson, AZ

Sundog to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
Might try Walgreens. They have good deals sometimes and are competitive.

what the
join:2014-06-28
usa

what the to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
First make sure you like wearing contacts before you buy them from any place!
I could never wear them as they bugged the shit out of my eyes!

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Just checked with Target optical, they have my prescription at the same price as 1-800-Contacts

ferdeenand
Premium Member
join:2001-08-20
Orlando, FL

ferdeenand to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
I've been ordering from these guys (»www.1-save-on-lens.com/) for well over a decade. Great prices, excellent customer service, and shipping has always been quick.