spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Fr Lurker
@99.254.8.x

Fr Lurker

Anon

UPDATED: 4250HD Terminal reboots every night 3:00 am to 3:30 am

As a visitor I can't resurrect a thread more than 14 days old but I wanted to provide an update for a problem I reported previously:

»4250HD Terminal reboots every night 3:00 am to 3:30 am

A few weeks after reporting in that thread about the near nightly reboots I lost the ability to do advanced searches using the alphabetic search ( * on the remote). For 3-4 days my box did not reboot automatically at night. I finally unplugged it and restarted it myself and I got the search function back but the nightly reboots returned also.

It didn't occur to me right away that the 2 were related but about 6 weeks ago it happened again when I lost the search option again after an auto night boot but this time I wanted a longer sample so didn't manually reboot the box myself to recover the alphabetic search feature. For over 6 weeks now I've had no advanced search features or any of the other menu options introduced a few years ago when the menu was updated but I haven't had any nightly reboots either. There has to be a connection between the 2.
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

Ya, like I said in the other thread. The box is over 10 years old. 10 years ago you moved and worked a lot better than you do now.

The two are definitely related, The box updates guide information, new ROD information, new account information.

You lose search functions when it does.

The box resets because it needs to load all the new info. I guess they don't update on the fly.

With your particular box it seems to need an extra reboot, I'd say that due to age, the 4250 isn't loading up the info it needs on first try.

It is what it is, it's a 10 year old box.