All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Ltotem
join:2014-11-08

Ltotem

Question about Charter Service

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum, hopefully I am observing the correct posting rules. I recently moved to Alabama outside of Birmingham and the only Broadband service was Charter. I also pay for business internet.

Currently I have had Charter for about 5-6 weeks and a ton of outages have happened. Everytime I have slow internet I call in and they say its an outage, this has been happening at least once a week. My question is, is this regular to have so many outages with Charter? Or is this maybe a result of the upgrades? I guess I am looking to see if Charter is reliable for service or not. Thanks in advance!

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA
ARRIS SB6121
Netgear WNDR3800

msmisfit

Recently there have been lots of complaints from your area, but it's my belief it's because of the current upgrade and related changes. Keep a record if it's that bad, and they should give you a credit, especially since you are a business customer..

Hopefully those frustrated Alabama users can overcome their aggravation and tell you objectively whether their service is usually good, until now.

My experience has been that Charter is very reliable, except when upgrades are going on.

howardfine
join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

howardfine to Ltotem

to Ltotem
Just to ditto what @msmisfit said. We had the same problem for several months, off and on, a couple of minutes here and there, then, one day, we went from 30Mb to 60Mb. Then, a couple of months later, we went from 60Mb to 100Mb and $20 a month was knocked off our bill.
Ltotem
join:2014-11-08

Ltotem

That is a very nice upgrade! If I may ask, do you still have the same problems with internet being down? Or has it calmed down at all?

howardfine
join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

howardfine

iirc, we would go down for one to three minutes at a time, a few times per week though some weeks I wouldn't notice it at all. I would notice it more because I work out of my home. This started in November or December, though I'm guessing, and continued until March or so.

I have not had one minute of down time since then.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to Ltotem

Premium Member

to Ltotem
FWIW and I'm not located any where near you, but Charter is usually VERY dependable, as far as their services, but they DO have a few areas that seem to be more troublesome than others, especially out west.

Like was already mentioned though. Keep a record of down time for getting a credit to your account, which Charter is pretty good at also, and wait it out. Keep on them if issues continue for to long though so they have a record of your calls too.