spc
Search similar:

uniqs

blunt trauma
@184.5.163.x

blunt trauma

Anon

century link dsl. what's the best modem router for gaming

Been with this company for 6 yrs dealing with there crap modem router combos. I need to know what is the best modem router I can buy for gaming on the 360 and one

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

1 recommendation

NormanS

MVM

I doubt that any ISP issue gateway is all that good. I would bridge the gateway and use a router of my choice.

blunt trauma
@184.5.163.x

blunt trauma

Anon

Sooo....I will bridge one of the 5 combo crap modem/routers I have. Actiontec pk5001z, westell 7500, net gear v3000 or something, wetstell 660. But I wanna know what the best router I can buy for century link dsl gaming

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 recommendation

NormanS

MVM

Probably just about any router which can be flashed with third party firmware. I had good use out of a D-Link DIR-655; but the Rev. A hardware could not be flashed with third party firmware. They are up to Rev. C hardware, which is capable of third party firmware.

I had to leave it behind, briefly, when I moved, so I got an ASUS AC66U as replacement. Any of that family is good. I disliked the Netgear WNDR series for lack of IPv6 6in4/6rd support (they do support 6to4 and native PD), but they can be flashed to third party firmware, and are very capable for gaming, and heavy BT use.

blunt trauma
@184.5.163.x

blunt trauma

Anon

Sooo you would suggest the asus router? Can I bridge one of my modems? Or would u suggest buying one new?
coryw
join:2013-12-22
Flagstaff, AZ

coryw

The PK5001 will be fine in bridged mode. I have had good luck with mine acting as my router, but if you're doing a lot of really heavy local stuff, like streaming with a geforce and a sheild, then you'll want to use a good new router either just as an access point, or with your modem in bridge mode.

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA

NormanS to blunt trauma

MVM

to blunt trauma
Yes, to the ASUS router. I don't know about your modems; but every modem I have had could be bridged.
coryw
join:2013-12-22
Flagstaff, AZ

1 recommendation

coryw

The PK5001z will do it, here are the instructions from CL: »internethelp.centurylink ··· g-q.html

OP will need to call CenturyLink and have them set a PPPoE password and then put it into his router.

The PK5001z itself is really solid as a modem, but bridging it is probably a good idea because it only has 10/100 Ethernet, which is completely fine if you're going to bridge it.
CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

CenturyLink to blunt trauma

to blunt trauma
Hey there, sorry for the trouble with your modem. Our team can look at your line stats and make sure that it's authenticated and trained at it's full rate. Please send your account information to us here; »bit.ly/CTLinkHlp
^AshleyKay