spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ydoucare
join:2003-03-12
Lafayette, IN

ydoucare

Interesting issues in Lafayette, IN

So Frontier DSL has been deteriorating the last few months here. I have the 12/2 package and up until a couple months ago, it was stable and I got what I paid for probably 90% of the time. Had a rocky period when I first signed up, but it smoothed out. However, I noticed it began to slow down a bit during peak hours to around 7 - 8 Mbps max. Then a few weeks after that, I began getting nothing better than 2 Mbps down in the evenings. Latency remains stable and low, but bandwidth looks capped at 2 Mbps in the evenings. During the middle of the day, I might be able to hit 12, but it's usually below 8.

Attached is a screenshot of the bandwidth consumption while I had a couple files downloading. Never peaks above 2, literally just bounces off the 2 Meg barrier all night from about 6pm to sometime after 11pm (haven't stayed up long enough recently to have an accurate time when it eases up).

Anyone else from the Lafayette/West Lafayette area on here? I have one friend in the area who also is seeing similar things.