spc
Search similar:

uniqs
fink
join:2002-08-21
Toronto, ON

fink

Android call filtering apps

I'm thinking of porting my number over to a cell phone and losing my land line. Up until recently I'd been using Primus VOIP which had great filtering available so I was able to pretty much eliminate telemarketers and other unwanted callers.

Is anyone familiar with the apps available to filter calls on Android cell phones?

Seems like there are a few.. eg- »samsung-center.blogspot. ··· ock.html

The second one, Call Control Blocker, looks like it would do what I'd like and is appealing because it uses wildcards.

Any advice appreciated. tnks.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

We use No More Robo for the house, works great. May want to look into that.
kingfisher
Premium Member
join:2007-07-17
Webster, NY

kingfisher to fink

Premium Member

to fink
My wife and I both use Call Control on our Android phones and are well satisfied with the results. The only problem? I have had is that it blocked a call from the fraud control department at my bank because of the crowd sourced blocking database. Easily corrected by placing that number on my individual white list after I realized the call had been blocked.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to fink

Premium Member

to fink
I use Mr. Number.
Alexia1225
join:2014-11-11

Alexia1225

good

BKayrac
Premium Member
join:2001-09-29

BKayrac to fink

Premium Member

to fink
If your somewhat technically adept, google voice would be all you would ever need.

Sprint lets it completely merge with their network, everyone else makes you modify the phone settings to call out from google voice, it's all worked through when you sign up, not very hard.