Search similar:

uniqs

inGearX
3.1415 9265
join:2000-06-11
New York

inGearX

on top app like Facebook Messenger

i like the convince of how Facebook Messenger stays on top ..

sometimes i use it to take a note from a webpage i am reading ..

are there any alike applications?

like for WhatsApp?

or note taking app?

or clipboard access? or alike?

thank you ..
Tikker_LoS
join:2004-04-29
Regina, SK

Tikker_LoS

I have no idea what you're asking for

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Asus RT-AC66
HTC 5G Hub

PamelaTS to inGearX

to inGearX
I hate and Will Never Install FB Messenger. Memory is precious in devices with the manufacturers bloatware you can't get rid of without rooting the device which breaks other apps. As long as I can just clear cache and delete data for the Facebook app and reconnect to get messenger functionality for another week I'll keep Facebook. When they actually remove that functionality from the Facebook app I'll delete it from all my devices. And go web interface only.

inGearX
3.1415 9265
join:2000-06-11
New York

inGearX to Tikker_LoS

to Tikker_LoS
said by Tikker_LoS:

I have no idea what you're asking for

indeed my post was not straight

now i realized: I am asking for "floating" applications ...

like Facebook Messenger - Chat Heads is floating ..
I wish thete was similar gor notes ... and gor dictionary lookup..

search in play store ..

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium Member
join:2002-06-05
Iowa

burner50 to PamelaTS

Premium Member

to PamelaTS
said by PamelaTS:

I hate and Will Never Install FB Messenger. Memory is precious in devices with the manufacturers bloatware you can't get rid of without rooting the device which breaks other apps. As long as I can just clear cache and delete data for the Facebook app and reconnect to get messenger functionality for another week I'll keep Facebook. When they actually remove that functionality from the Facebook app I'll delete it from all my devices. And go web interface only.

*ALL* of my devices are rooted... I've never had any problems before.

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX

PamelaTS

I had mine rooted also, the problem with rooted devices is that some apps do not work. Can't download digital copies of movies and TiVo Streaming doesn't work. Had to reinstall official Rom. Facebook is the problem not lack of root.

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium Member
join:2002-06-05
Iowa

burner50

Premium Member

said by PamelaTS:

I had mine rooted also, the problem with rooted devices is that some apps do not work. Can't download digital copies of movies and TiVo Streaming doesn't work. Had to reinstall official Rom. Facebook is the problem not lack of root.

You keep referring to some obscure app that mysteriously breaks due to root exploit... I would like to know more, as I have not yet found any such app.

I downloaded movies for offline viewing from Google Play, and Vudu, to both my rooted LG G3, and Nexus 7 (2013), both of them while rooted. You alluded to having to 'reinstall official Rom', which leads me to believe your problems aren't with the root exploit, but problems with whatever ROM you installed.

Anyway, you said carrier bloat was the problem, not facebook... On most devices, root access is easy to obtain, and extremely useful (for say, freezing carrier bloatware).