spc
Search similar:

uniqs
cuem
join:2014-11-12

2 edits

cuem

CIKTel are thieves

I activated all 3 services with them and here's my long story, please stay away.

Problem 1 : I was promised 3 Viet TV channels, which I never received. After multiples calls, I was told thatthe 3 Viet TV channels offer expired years ago.
Okay.... guess itProblem2 : After 1 week of service, I lost of signals for 4 days, I called to place a technician which never came, had to call back again to place another technician. Around the fifth day without any of the services that I paid for,
the technician came, found an unplugged cable in my backyard on the telephone pole. He had no idea what happened but fixed the issue outside of my house.

After all this mediocre service, I decide to go back with my old ISP. Then here comes the next issue.

Problem 3 : CIKTel refuse to give me back my 100$ deposit after I've shipped back the equipments. I have a proof of the shipment along with a tracking ID, I paid extra for the express shipping because I knew CIKTel was trouble.

Problem 4 : CIKTel charges me 50$ for the technician because apparently the issue was inside my house. They sent me an email stating that I, the client, used a wrong power adapter and caused the loss of signals.

Weird, because when the technician came over, he climbed on the telephone pole to fix the issue. Is this a communication issue between CIKTel and Videotron? I proceed to call Videotron, unfortunately, they do not hold any records of the technician that was placed at my house and they told me to call back CIKTel.

I sent over 10 emails to CIKTel regarding this issue and I asked for a proof that there was a wrongly used power adapter in my house. My concerns were ignored, I called them over 50 times, 49 calls out of 50 are being cut off randomly or being forwarded to a voicemail.

Over the mulitples calls, I heard the following excuses for the reason why they felt justified to charge me the 50$ fee.

CIKTEL said : If you leave us, you have to pay for technician fee.
It doesn't really make sense, because when I called for a technician I was still a CIKTel customer and I wasn't receiving any signals so they had to fix it.

CIKTEL said : You used a wrong power adapter which caused a signal loss, therefore you should pay 50$ for a technician
I asked for a proof of what the technician did, because it was clearly not true. They refused to provide me any proof

CIKTEL said : Whenever you need a technician, regardless of being a customer or ex-customer, you have to pay for the fees.
I was told otherwise when I placed the call.

CIKTEL said : You need to pay for the Rogers technician that came over, because CIKTel borrow Roger's line.
Ok wtf, first of all, I was on cable, and in Quebec, the only main provider of Cable is Videotron. So if you wanna lie, make an effort. Rogers cable service doesn't even exist where I love.

Final word, stay FAR AWAY FROM these thieves.