uniqs

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Eumaeus

to Eumaeus

Re: WoD Leveling Progress & Experiences

Sweet! Thanks Eumaeus!

You'll need ilevel 600 to get into first sets of dungeons.

Looks like they just hotfixed this last night to only be a 595 ilvl requirement now. (not that I really understand why, because as you state, finishing Nagrand pretty much leaves you at 600+)

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Eumaeus

to Eumaeus
Warlock dinged 96 and finished Gorgrond last night. I tried to level the DK to 92, but failed but I did get the gem plot unlocked so can start unlocking recipes. Can't really see the point in lesser and greater gems, surely everyone will just want the higher ones?

Plan for tonight is to ding the DK to 92 for extra ores, then power level the shaman through the main story of Gorgrond (for the free upgrade) and then farm up the extra XP with the bonus objectives until 94. She's fully rested so it won't take long. Then I guess it's do Talador to completion on the warlock, or start the priest off to get an inscription hut.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Eumaeus

MVM

to Eumaeus
Got my mage to 94 this morning. I've pretty much put everyone else on hold until I get the mage to 100 to try and get the mount. I've been logging on every toon briefly in the morning, afternoon and evening, to send my minion out on missions.

Unfortunately due to wanting to get to 100 I'm just blowing through the content and will have to read the quests and such on another toon.

I have picked up a few pets along the way, from rare mobs and pet battles. I've been looking to get at least one of each, I'll worry about quality later. Since I've got a strong team already I haven't had any issues capturing new pets.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Soon I'm going to have to turn on questcompletest and look for missed quests.

I hope I can get the rexxar quest chain.

Carpie
united state

Carpie to Cat5

to Cat5
I dinged a couple alts to 92 last night also and got their garrisons to level 2 for the professions. Right now I'm sitting at:

Lvl 100 Shadow Priest - Lvl 2 Garrison - Herbalism / Alchemy
Lvl 92 Prot/Ret Paladin - Lvl 2 Garrison - BS / Mining
Lvl 92 Destro/Aff Warlock - Lvl 2 Garrison - Enchanting / Tailoring
Lvl 92 Boomie/Guard Druid - Lvl 2 Garrison - Scribe / Herbalism

I find myself back in a familiar conundrum though. Jewelcrafting.

All my toons can use gems. I need a Jewelcrafter. In fact my ilvl 630 belt on my Priest has an empty gem slot that needs filled right now. But what toon to put it on? I have this hangup with only plate wearers can be JCs/Miners/BSs. But... I don't like playing melee toons. Hence the conundrum.

I suppose I'll have to level the DK up to at least 92 also to get the jewelry store in business. (and yeah I know, I could start a gem store in a garrison of another toon without JC, but honestly if you can't get the high end gems (which will be the ones you want), what is the sense).

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Hit 98 last night, taking in it slow and steady. Love the zones and the questing.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

Hit 98 last night, taking in it slow and steady. Love the zones and the questing.

Same here. I just finished the Spires of Arrok quests and am a bubble shy of 98. There are several zones I haven't even stepped foot into, lol.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I am in Spires of Arrok as well, I have just completed 2 of the questlines. I am completing each zone's questlines before moving to the next.

Taino
join:2010-10-15
Port Richey, FL

Taino to Immer

to Immer
I just started Nagrand. Spires tugged at the heart strings especially if you are a lore junkie who looks at everything. Almost as bad as the battle for shattrath for me.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Cat5

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

Can't really see the point in lesser and greater gems, surely everyone will just want the higher ones?

Back when I was raiding I would definitely want the very best of every piece of gear, gem, enchant, flask, etc. But now that I am playing casually, the difference between lesser and greater gems just don't make enough of a difference. I think there will still be a demand for lesser gems.

Cat5

Cat5

said by puppy:

said by Cat5:

Can't really see the point in lesser and greater gems, surely everyone will just want the higher ones?

Back when I was raiding I would definitely want the very best of every piece of gear, gem, enchant, flask, etc. But now that I am playing casually, the difference between lesser and greater gems just don't make enough of a difference. I think there will still be a demand for lesser gems.

Really? I can't see the price being very different. Herbs are going to be cheap as chips when everyone's herb garden is level 3 so the extra mats are almost negligible. Plus I'll bet a lot of JC's are like me and are simply not buying the lesser versions.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

I think anyone who has ever been a JC has ended up with a bank full of lesser gems that they can't get rid of.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Carpie:

I think anyone who has ever been a JC has ended up with a bank full of lesser gems that they can't get rid of.

truth.

Cat5

Cat5 to Carpie

to Carpie
said by Carpie:

I was OK in WotLk and Cata but Mists left me with a lot of gems, both cut and uncut that I simply couldn't shift. When I log back to my bank alt the cuts are all being vendored. Might get a few gold from the uncuts.

WoD seems to have cut (see what I did there?) the number of gems so hopefully I can plan it better this expansion.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Taino

Premium Member

to Taino
I totally agree. I thought the battle for Shatt cutscene was the best in game so far, fantastic!

This expansion has had me LoL and smile and feel sad more than any other by far. They have really done a great job.

Now if I can only log in.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Eumaeus

Premium Member

to Eumaeus
Anyone hit 100 on a mage yet? I invented a new build and it's OP. Not seeing it anywhere else on the Internet because the mere idea of it is absurd but the numbers check out.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

My rogue's DPS still sucking, at 96 and only can do 5K, tried both specs and both the same, combat seems sluggish and muti boring.

Still like 1/4 clear of Talador, plenty of trees for the lumber mill, but still level 1, at least I get the 70 pieces easily for the work orders.

What good is to be an engineer, loot-engineer the mech mobs and only get the same 25s bent camshaft? geesh, so far all the mechs I gathered only 25s trash is obtained, while pickpocketing seems interesting, got some whistle that summons a guy that gives some daily and gotten some no stats rings and necklaces (some epic)

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

You roll engineering for the gadgets, not to tinker robotic mobs. The only time that was ever a super interesting thing was during Wrath of the Lich King when you needed to tinker mobs for stuff like the Jeeves recipe and you had a chance to get materials for the Mechanohog from bosses like Flame Leviathan and XT-002 in Ulduar.

You still get cool shit like your Worm Hole generators, mounts, Blingtron and Jeeves, tinkers for your gear like the Glider, Rocket Boost, and Synapse Springs, etc.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Noiche

to Noiche
thanks
Blockgorilla

Blockgorilla to Exodus

to Exodus
I'm 100 on my mage, what's the build?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Glyphs: Icy Veins

Talents: Ice Nova, Incanter's Flow (or Rune of Power), Thermal Void

Cast Priority:
*Start off with Icy Veins.
*Frostbolt only in conjunction with Water Jet.
*Frostfire Bolt only when it procs.
*Ice Nova when on CD.
*Frozen Orb when it wont conflict with Water Jet.
*Ice Lance Spam all day.
Exodus

Exodus

Premium Member

You basically are spamming Ice Lance with +45% multistrike bonus because you have infinite Icy Veins uptime. Not entirely sure if it works in reality, but it's interesting.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
This is not working on my ret pally.

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark to Eumaeus

Premium Member

to Eumaeus
I resubbed for this and I love it. 100 a few days ago. I did get tired of doing normals, so I cheesed it and bought two pieces of PVP gear and a pair of cloth pants for my Resto Druid and healed my first heroic last night. Trash is harder than the bosses.
defton5198
join:2005-05-12
New Bern, NC

defton5198 to Eumaeus

to Eumaeus
So they changed the loot back to the old way of rolling. Apparently the old world boss way of loot distribution didn't feel rewarding enough. So when they implemented this apparently they decided that rogues and shamans should be able to roll on Str gear. 7 tanking items dropped last night and I lost 4 to rogues and shamans and 3 to ret paladins. I'm a prot warrior btw. It seems to me that when they made the switch they messed up a little on some of their code. It is pretty frustrating though when you are trying to gear up that you have to roll against everyone in the party.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

said by defton5198:

It is pretty frustrating though when you are trying to gear up that you have to roll against everyone in the party.

They wanted to bring back that Vanilla / TBC feel. All items are Hunter items. Etc.
defton5198
join:2005-05-12
New Bern, NC

defton5198

said by Adalicia:

Well to that I say mission accomplished! I guess I should get my hunter to 100 now. Bleh.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Wife went to sleep early so I made the final push and my shammy hit 100, whee! It was already midnight but I couldn't resist doing the trials. BARELY made silver for dps, I suck... :P I also did not know how to get out of the trails so I just hearthed, how do you tell that panda you want to go to sleep?

That Nagrand siege tank is ungodly. It lasts until it dies, and it kills mobs very quickly. It reset the garrosh fight though so don't try to use it on him.

From what I read last night, LFR molten core's iLvl requirement is probably the same as heroics - 610. I'm about 603 right now so I guess I need to run some heroics and do dailies for apexis crystals. I also need a skyreach run to get my ring.

I found a 655? BOE neck that I can use but being a new toon on this server, the idea of lots of gold is really appealing so I'll see how it sells on the AH. There were two already listed for 80k, so I put it in 65k.

BTW shortly after midnight I get this "10th anniversary! yay!" message and my corgi was mailed to me, so there you go, get your corgis!

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark

Premium Member

You leave the trial just like you leave an instance group. Right click on your name and do leave instance group or whatever it is.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Oh duh, been too long since I did an instance run, totally forgot Thanks!