spc
Search similar:

uniqs
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to vic6string

to vic6string

Re: WoD Leveling Progress & Experiences

Didn't see an advantage of the trading post, since you can get crafting mats on the rest of your garrison, but now my inn is rather useless, I've done all quests and my quest log is full with more quests that will only give gold and resources now and I have 25 followers so I'm gonna demolish it, maybe I get something else.

I see you can get some rep with some faction or something..
vic6string
join:2014-11-19
Miami, FL

vic6string

Trading post is a huge source of resources which feeds the war mill to get the follower upgrade tokens. Also, I haven't worked on the faction rep yet for Laughing Skull, and I have about half of the pieces I need for the quest for the auction house, so I will keep it until all that is done. Also, I am not big on the 5 man thing, so I know I won't touch the daily dungeon quests. The Inn for me will be 100% just for follower recruitment, and I don't know if I want to demolish a level 3 building and start a new building just for the weekly follower when I already have 21 epics at 630+.

Eumaeus
join:2009-12-10
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus to qualitybobby

to qualitybobby
said by qualitybobby:

The large buildings are Gladiator sanctum

Gladiator's Sanctum is actually a medium building.

One super easy way to never run out of garrison resources is to recruit a follower with scavenger from the inn EVERY WEEK. Just pick the one with the main ability you have less of currently. Eventually when they're all epic you'll still cover all your bases for missions and will be able to 100% any resource mission using a scavenger. So far the highest amount of resources I've gotten from a single mission (which has happened twice now) is 1225. Then there's no need whatsoever for a Trading Post or Lumber Mill to get resources.

Source: Have about 8 scavengers, nearly 10k resources and can 100% any Highmaul mission.

Plus it's nice to complete every mission ever offered in your garrison for more salvage without fear of running out of resources. Level 3 Inn missions give a lot of daily gold.

At this point I've demolished my Dwarven Bunker because I just don't need the upgrade tokens really (25+ epic followers at 645-655 ilvl) and it's easy enough to just buy that 3rd reroll token weekly.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

Really? Why did I always think that was a large building? Probably because I've never built one. lol

Thanks for the correction.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Eumaeus

to Eumaeus
said by Eumaeus:

At this point I've demolished my Dwarven Bunker because I just don't need the upgrade tokens really (25+ epic followers at 645-655 ilvl) and it's easy enough to just buy that 3rd reroll token weekly.

I thought about doing this but I thought maybe at one point they will offer even higher level missions (for higher level raid gear) then I'd have to upgrade my followers for those...

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Eumaeus

Premium Member

to Eumaeus
So far leveling seems ok. Granted I could do without the lag in places where Blizz decided to drop "battles". Man those areas are about unplayable for me. I had to drop my settings to minimum, to reduce the lag, and it's still bad. Granted I'm playing on a wifi connection, so that too may play a role.

The test will come as I level my other 2 lev 90 toons. I know in the old zones there were times where I felt poking myself in the eye with a fork would be a lot more fun.
My third toon was a boosted toon, and I really wish I had paid more attention to the build, before I ran into Draenor. But my kid was in a rush, and I wanted to party with him, so off I went with a bare minimum of abilities equipped. And yes, I was slow in changing that. But now I do have all the abilities I use the most often equipped.
Though I wish I could train myself to use macros and the mouse. Instead of clicking and the keyboard.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

said by Snakeoil:

I know in the old zones there were times where I felt poking myself in the eye with a fork would be a lot more fun.

I don't know about Alliance but Horde side the first zone, Frostfire, gets old fast. The trouble is you have to do the Tanaan introduction then you feel compelled to do the main story to get your level 2 garrison as a hub. This gets you 50% off 92 and due to hub location you really only have 1 to choose from as going back to the far West of the zone seems counter productive when you're heading East.

Gorgrond is a nice zone, fast paced with plenty of ways to level. Most of my toons will stay here to 95 as the XP is good, and it is nowhere near as repetitive as Talador, which I;m already dreasing having done it 4 times.

Spires of Arakk isn't much better. The hub spacing makes no sense and however I attack it I tend to trawl backwards too much. Nagrand however is awesome, very easy to level there.

Eumaeus
join:2009-12-10
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus to puppy

to puppy
said by puppy:

at one point they will offer even higher level missions

My thoughts are that by then I'll be capped at 10k resources (or will be able to get more resources quickly with all my scavengers if not) and I'll just re-build a tier 2 bunker. Right now I'm just rotating my other large building for achievements. Already did all the Stables achieves & mounts and now I have the engineering workshop.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Cat5

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

Spires of Arakk isn't much better

Specially on a PvP server, one of the main quest hubs where the Terokk are has no guards and the FP is just full of level 100 fully pvp geared enemies waiting for you..

A level 96-98 has no chance against one 100 player pvp gear or not, multiply that by at least 10 you won't live 2 seconds..

but after several deaths and corpse runs and finally getting the quest chain moving you won't get bothered LOL

What I like about this place is the extra rested XP items you get, plus the only place to get your salvage yard.

Hexoplex
join:2011-05-26
Houston, TX

Hexoplex

said by djlar:

the extra rested XP items you get, plus the only place to get your salvage yard.

Wait..what? I hit 100 before needing to go to this area, this is where I'll get my salvage yard? I got the bread crumb quest to go there but just didn't see the need.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Hexoplex:

Wait..what? I hit 100 before needing to go to this area

You can do that quest at 96, I think.

Cat5

Cat5 to Hexoplex

to Hexoplex
said by Hexoplex:

said by djlar:

the extra rested XP items you get, plus the only place to get your salvage yard.

Wait..what? I hit 100 before needing to go to this area, this is where I'll get my salvage yard? I got the bread crumb quest to go there but just didn't see the need.

You need 96 for Spires, and maybe 97 for the quest hub required but I could be wrong. It's the Goblin place on the South East coast, and you will get a breadcrumb quest. It's an easy hub.

Hexoplex
Houston, TX

Hexoplex

Ok, well I know what I will be doing when I get home.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

And using the xp flask along with choosing the bar outpost gives you 40% xp buff, very nice with rested xp.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to Eumaeus

Premium Member

to Eumaeus
So you can rotate building as long as they are the same level as the current one?
Or can I rotate out my lev 2 sawmill for a lev 1 building?

Also, what happens to the work orders? Do they "freeze", get dropped. or continue to process.
And finally, If I never built the building before, I understand there is a price to pay. Meaning supplies and the hour build time. But id the building had been built before, is the rotation instant, or is there a delay before you can access the "new" building?

I'm actually thinking of dropping the barracks and placing a stable. As I don't PvP, for the most part. Though I do the occasional battleground.

Hexoplex
Houston, TX

Hexoplex to Lothario

to Lothario
said by Lothario:

And using the xp flask along with choosing the bar outpost gives you 40% xp buff, very nice with rested xp.

I will probably level my boosted character this way. Let him get 1.5 - 2 rested levels then pop the flask, burn off the rested, rinse, repeat as necessary.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Are the flasks bind on account?

Cat5

Cat5 to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

So you can rotate building as long as they are the same level as the current one?

No. You can overwrite a building but the original is destroyed. What you can do is swap exisiting buildings around, so if you want your Inn closer to the Hall you can do by dragging it to the other spot.
said by Snakeoil:

Also, what happens to the work orders? Do they "freeze", get dropped. or continue to process.

I'd imagine you lose them.
said by Snakeoil:

And finally, If I never built the building before, I understand there is a price to pay. Meaning supplies and the hour build time. But id the building had been built before, is the rotation instant, or is there a delay before you can access the "new" building?

Not sure, but I'd imagine it starts anew with time, and building costs.

Hexoplex
Houston, TX

Hexoplex to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
Oh, good question. I know that after I dropped the barn for something else (it escapes me right now), I got to keep the trap to collect furs. I tested it out last night and was able to trap a wolf and ellek for furs with out the barn.

Do you get a different trap to catch the tougher mobs for savage bloods? Wonder if getting the level 3 barn for the trap and then rotating the barn for something else and then rotating back when I need bloods would be beneficial in the long run.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Ahh, that explains the large iron devices I've seen in shadowmoon valley.
I was wondering what they were. I saw a player deploy one [he was a horde] so I thought it was a horde quest.

The garrison is more interesting then I would have thought. Though I wish we could get all the buildings lol.

Cat5

Cat5

said by Snakeoil:

Though I wish we could get all the buildings lol.

I'd have loved an account wide "garrison" which served as a semi-central hub. If you wanted all buildings, you could have them, characters could share resources and access all the other characters work orders.

As it stands I have multiple garrisons to experience all buildings and get the cheevos.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

That could be interesting. Imagine logging into your garrison and you bump into your Night Elf Death knight pounding away on the targets. Or your Wargon druid is walking into the garrison with bloody hides draped over his shoulder.
Be kinda cool being able to see your toons doing something like that. I know the minions wonder around the garrison, from time to time.

Hexoplex
Houston, TX

Hexoplex to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

Though I wish we could get all the buildings lol.

Me too, I am not really big on alts so I will probably only have the 2 Garrisons I have and maybe one day they will get to level 3. I would be all for paying an exponentially increasing gold/resource amount to continue to expand my Garrison. Extra plots would start at something like 500 - 1000 - 2500/5000 for sml, med, lrg. Then be 10x more to get another one (5000 - 10000 - 25000/50000) on top of increasing the cost for the extra buildings. Eventually allowing you to have all the buildings, but costing a crap ton of gold to get there.
I am sure there are even people who would pay cash to get extra Garrison plots (Calling this one now - it's gonna happen, I can feel it).
Hexoplex

Hexoplex to Cat5

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

If you wanted all buildings, you could have them, characters could share resources and access all the other characters work orders.

To expand on this, if your alts had max level professions, you could assign them to the buildings to get the bonuses.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Cat5

MVM

to Cat5
That would have been better for me too. I've got 22 garrisons right now. I work mainly on my active set, currently Alliance, during the week and both on the weekend. I don't care about losing resources for the 11 toons I'm not playing, they will have max resources when I get around to leveling them. I should have my Alliance set up to 96 across the board after this weekend and then start the march to 100. Right now I'm stock piling garrison and profession resources. I stopped doing the mine and gardens daily once I got past four toons. Now I plan on just doing them on the weekend, since I have 11 toons farming I should have enough for the week, if not no worries.

The things I've had issues getting a sufficient supply are cloth, leather, and enchanting dust. Part of that is due to limited questing time during the week. The wife has been getting home early so I only get about 30 minutes in the evening as opposed to the hour or two I normally get in the evening.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to Hexoplex

Premium Member

to Hexoplex
Agreed on all accounts.

I like play for free games, [as long as they aren't pay to win] but I find myself spending more money on them verses a paid to play game like WOW. Though I wish they'd drop the price on the boosts. 60 bucks is like buying an expansion every time you boost.

Hexoplex
Houston, TX

Hexoplex

said by Snakeoil:

Though I wish they'd drop the price on the boosts. 60 bucks is like buying an expansion every time you boost.

I do too, but with the price it is at right now, it is saving me from making 3 - 5 boosted DKs, which I don't have time to play.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I'd boost all my toons...
The only class I don't have is a Shaman. I think i have all the other ones.
Of course the toon I boosted was my big and bouncy Panda. For the longest time I thought he was the only Panda in Draenor. But that illusion was shattered two days ago when another Panda monk joined mine in taking down an elite.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to Exodus

to Exodus
Pretty sure they are bop.
My lowbie toons have so much resources it's not an issue. Just have to get the Garrison
made.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

My DK is 93 and I can chain run instances and probably level up to 100 in a day with that flask, instant queues, etc.

Our guild is hurting on tanks for raids. Anyone raid during the morning and want to tank?