peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to btech805

to btech805

Re: Hiring someone to clean gutters

said by btech805:

said by peterboro:

It always amazes me how people devalue the manual labour of others yet if I said considering what you do at work you are asking too much you would have a kinipshit.

Annoys me to no end as well.

You probably get the "oh that's too much money...can you tell me how to do it myself?"
peterboro

peterboro (banned) to Kalford

to Kalford

Re: Hiring someone to clean rain gutters

I believe that advice was dispensed in the fourth post.

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

Unsolicited, no less.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro

Re: Hiring someone to clean gutters

Can't remember why I first bought the extension ladder after moving in here. It would have been for cleaning or painting the back windows or cleaning the troughs.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger to koira

MVM

to koira

Re: Hiring someone to clean rain gutters

On one side of my house I have a couple of big poplar trees and not only do they drop leaves but also a lot of small branches, twigs etc so sometimes I start by cleaning out those by hand and then using the cleaning attachment. If you just had leaves and started at the downspout and working your way out from there, I would think it could handle leaves.

The other side of my house I have a big May Day tree and the attachment is able to handle those leaves and berries etc.

Given the number of big trees I have around my house I have to clean out the gutters 3 or 4 times a year and I have found this tool to be very useful.

Blake

HORSEY
@208.103.232.x

HORSEY to Styvas

Anon

to Styvas
Just give WSIB a call
I think the home owner can buy insurance on line

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario

Kalford to Styvas

MVM

to Styvas
said by Styvas:

I'm quite certain this is a thread about proper insurance, not discount services.

Sorry - meant to reply directly to this sub-thread that you carried forward - . . . . . »Re: Hiring someone to clean gutters

no matter - Lazman's follow-up did a good of showing (what I failed to do ) how it goes hand in hand with the original topic.

I guess my "peace of mind" would also encompass considering potential insurance headaches and/or other possible future repercussions that may result from a poorly done and/or incomplete job.