All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rajcic3
join:2014-11-13

rajcic3

Re: [Networking] MoCA network issues

Yeah I was confused by him as well. I am sure I have un-terminated coax ends in multiple locations. I will try terminating them this evening. Is there any special type of terminator recommended? Are they only for raw coax without a connector or do they screw in to the end of an existing, but unused, terminal? Sorry for the newbness.
rajcic3

rajcic3

So I went through the house yesterday and tried to find every splitter and cable and run. I opened every cover plate and crawled all through the attic. I did find a 3 way splitter that was only using 2 outlets so I replaced it with a Verizon 2 way instead. I also found a 2 way splitter that wasn't needed in a bedroom that currently doesn't have a TV in it and replaced it with a straight through barrel connector. After these changes I was finally able to get the 3rd router up and running last night. It appears to be working ok but I was having a little trouble with some of the boxes not working. I unplugged everything and replugged them all in and it appeared to be working now. I'll let it run for the next few days and make sure none of the channels come up as unavailable or a router drops out. Thanks for all the help and input.