spc
Search similar:

uniqs
plomaris
join:2014-11-13
Woodstock, GA

plomaris

[Networking] MI424WR Rev I MoCA Bridge Issues

I have an issue using an MI424WR Rev I as a MoCA bridge. I currently have a Rev I as my main router with a couple of Rev C's and a Westell as MoCA bridges. They all work fine. However, I tried to replace one of the Rev C's with a Rev I and can't get it to work. The web interface for the Rev I is slightly different, so I 'm not sure what I did wrong. What happens when I connect it to Coax is that it takes down Internet access on my main router. I see the WAN Coax light flashing, which is strange since I disabled Broadband Ethernet/Coax. I've turned off DHCP and assigned a unique address to it outside of my main routers DHCP pool. Within my network, I can access each of my routers, but can't get to the Internet until I disconnect the Rev I bridge. When I connect it to my main router via Ethernet, it works fine and does not take down the Internet.

Any ideas on what settings I have to change on the Rev I to make it work? I'm hoping someone has set up a Rev I in bridge mode and can help.

Thanks.

Tom
fcfc2
join:2014-05-17

fcfc2

I am not sure this guy fixed his for certain, but it may be worth a look. »[Networking] Adding a second MI424WR Rev I as MOCA Bridge

YannB
@71.190.191.x

YannB

Anon

Try this?
»How-to: Make Actiontec MI424WR Revision I (Rev.I) a Network