Irun Man
Premium Member
join:2002-10-18
Millsboro, DE

Irun Man to TheMG

Premium Member

to TheMG

Re: Car batteries

JCI is Johnson Controls Interstate battery group, yes they make Interstate batteries. They also market the Optima battery line. Bought one and had to have it replaced with less than three years service... good thing the warranty on those was (and may still be) NON-prorated! AutoZone gave me a fresh one, no $ to lay out.
tvsjr
Premium Member
join:2004-10-09
Dallas, TX

tvsjr to TheMG

Premium Member

to TheMG
said by TheMG:

Yeah, that's what we use at work as starting batteries for the diesel backup generators. As you said, $$$, especially since we have to get them shipped in!

Most of the Odyssey batteries are available from Amazon with free shipping - even two-day for free if you're a Prime member.

As a long time Optima user, I've seen the quality decline in recent years as well. I will be switching to Odysseys as time goes on.
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada
MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

TheMG

Premium Member

said by tvsjr:

said by TheMG:

Yeah, that's what we use at work as starting batteries for the diesel backup generators. As you said, $$$, especially since we have to get them shipped in!

Most of the Odyssey batteries are available from Amazon with free shipping - even two-day for free if you're a Prime member.

I don't see any with free shipping on amazon.ca.