spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tomrainking
join:2010-03-29
Gibbstown, NJ

tomrainking

[X1-X2] Fast Forwarding 30 second skip

I have the 30 second skip enabled on all my remotes. Everything was fine until recently. Now, the 30 second skip works until there are less than 5 minutes left in the recording...then it won't work at all. It's not a big deal but just started happening recently. I'm guessing the box is still treating as a 5 minute skip but i'm not sure. Again, only happens on recordings when the recording has less than 5 minutes left...anyone else have this problem.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

[X1-X2] Re: Fast Forwarding 30 second skip

Is this on the X1 platform or the older iGuide? I haven't noticed any skip issues with my older box.
tomrainking
join:2010-03-29
Gibbstown, NJ

tomrainking

X1...and only recently
Sirg5
join:2002-08-02
Reading, PA

Sirg5

I've also recently noticed this happening, kinda sucks, wish they would change it back.

Gotpizza
join:2014-09-23
Fort Myers, FL

Gotpizza to tomrainking

to tomrainking

Re: [X1-X2] Fast Forwarding 30 second skip

said by tomrainking:

I have the 30 second skip enabled on all my remotes. Everything was fine until recently. Now, the 30 second skip works until there are less than 5 minutes left in the recording...then it won't work at all. It's not a big deal but just started happening recently. I'm guessing the box is still treating as a 5 minute skip but i'm not sure. Again, only happens on recordings when the recording has less than 5 minutes left...anyone else have this problem.

This is a long explanation, but thought you should know the whole truth..
As you may know the default skip is 5 min. Customers were having issues when pushing the skip button near the end of the show/movie. This caused the customer to start all the way over, which is no fun at all!

The only way to fix the issue was to disable the feature about 5 min at the end of any recording. When doing this fix it disabled the feature whether or not it is set to 30 sec or the 5 min....
Sirg5
Reading, PA

Sirg5

i'm only seeing this change on my satellite boxes, the main DVR can skip all the way to the end of the recording, i understand why it was done, mostly only effects 30 min recordings, most hour recordings have already returned from the final commercial break by the 55 min mark.

unhappy
@184.180.41.x

unhappy to tomrainking

Anon

to tomrainking
This is a features that can easily be turned of.

On the remote press the exit button 3 times, the 0 0 3 0

Now the box is programmed for 30 skips.

Hope this helps!

Frank
Sirg5
Reading, PA

Sirg5

we have our remotes set to skip 30 seconds, the "issue" is that now in the last 5 minutes of a program comcast will not allow you to skip (even 30 seconds) because it doesnt want you to skip past the end of a program which starts everything over, seems to only be an issue on a satellite box, the main DVR will let you skip right to the end.