Snow

Snowed a ton here.

LadyL
Premium Member
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH

LadyL

Premium Member

Yup...plenty of the white crap here too !
I'm watching some of my new Amazon dvds that came in the mail todayTrinity,Thorne, Law&Order S15&16&17...got more coming next week

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89

Premium Member

Not going anywhere about to watch a movie on Amazon video.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

newview

Premium Member

Just finished watching the 2011 flick Contagion, seemed a good choice in this current Ebola climate.

chip89
Premium Member
Columbia Station, OH

chip89

Premium Member

Time for my yearly viewing of this. »www.amazon.com/gp/produc ··· ist_pr_1

LadyL
Premium Member
Lorain, OH

LadyL to newview

Premium Member

to newview
I have that one...last count = Collections - 150 titles...some have more than 1 in a 'set' i.e. James Bond...TV Series - 162 shows i.e. the Hill Street Blues...181 regular movies
I finished watching on Wednesday my collection of one of the best tv shows ever - China Beach...now if I could just get a legal set of Cold Case

chip89
Premium Member
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to LadyL

Premium Member

to LadyL
I use Amazon instant video. No waiting at all!

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx

FureverFurry to chip89

Premium Member

to chip89
According to the weather-guessers, we're due a good dumping of fluffy rain tonight and Sunday to the tune of 6-7 inches. And temps are a good 12-15 degrees below "normal". Meh.
Rekrul
join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT

Rekrul to LadyL

to LadyL
said by LadyL:

now if I could just get a legal set of Cold Case

Yeah, good luck with that. I've read that it's the music licensing that's preventing a DVD release. They don't want to pay the fees to license all the songs used in the episodes and feel that replacing them with generic music would spoil the show.

Another win for copyright!

LadyL
Premium Member
Lorain, OH

LadyL

Premium Member

oh sooo true BUT, I wouldn't mind the use of alternative music or even no music...just to have the series.
I could watch a channel that shows Cold Case, but that means I'd have to have my son attach the OTA device and start using the controller ! nope...I'm happy just watching my dvds on my dvd player attached to my tv...otherwise switching controllers is just 1 big PITA to use

neill6705
join:2014-08-09

neill6705 to LadyL

to LadyL
Look at all you whiners! We got 14 inches here, it's currently 12 degrees, and you'll find me outside breaking in my new running shoes! xP

LadyL
Premium Member
Lorain, OH

LadyL

Premium Member

not a whiner...arthritis in both knees, in my tailbone, and since 2/10/14...recovering from a broken left leg (first ever broken bones in my life)...which has also added more arthritis to more areas of my spine When the weather changes, I can barely walk...which makes my life even more unbearable and I'm only 67 *sighs*

hollyWood_bs
@192.99.168.x

hollyWood_bs to chip89

Anon

to chip89
Really? This BS? I am not watching Hollywood crap for over 4 years and not missing it at all.

neill6705
join:2014-08-09

neill6705 to LadyL

to LadyL
lol I was joking about the whiners part. The cold does suck. I hope you're able to find some relief.

chip89
Premium Member
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to hollyWood_bs

Premium Member

to hollyWood_bs
If you don't like don't watch it.... Plenty of people besides me do.
chip89

chip89 to neill6705

Premium Member

to neill6705
You don't have to shovel do you?
tlbepson
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
dc metro

tlbepson to LadyL

Premium Member

to LadyL
>>ladyl: Thorne

If you like the tv show, take a look at the books--Mark Billingham--as they are quite good and...there are more of them than the tv show...'-}}

The books are readily available used--I order from betterworldbooks.com

LadyL
Premium Member
Lorain, OH

LadyL

Premium Member

I really liked Thorne...wish they'd make more for dvd. Most of my dvds are...BBC,etc...the tv shows, I mean...newest tv show from over there is Silent Witness, have S1 & S17...have no idea why those 2 are available, and not S2>16 !
LadyL

LadyL to chip89

Premium Member

to chip89
My son comes over with the truck that has a plow on the front...does the driveway, the neighbors driveway,etc...he will also use my snowblower for the sidewalks (I have a corner house)...his oldest son(20yr old on 12/26) will also come over and use the snowblower . I'm not an outdoors-type person so I never had to do any mowing (grass or snow)
tlbepson
Premium Member
dc metro

tlbepson to LadyL

Premium Member

to LadyL
>>ladyl: Silent Witness

I loved Silent Witness...haven't seen them for a long time--watched them on PBS. I didn't realize there were that many seasons...

LadyL
Premium Member
Lorain, OH

LadyL

Premium Member

According to the Amazon.com.uk - there are 18 sets, available on Amazon...if you have a Region 0 player(which I don't have ) ...but they just released S1 & 17 - the American version - which I've already watched. I like forensics tv shows too .

chip89
Premium Member
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to LadyL

Premium Member

to LadyL
So true..... :/

LadyL
Premium Member
Lorain, OH

LadyL

Premium Member

*thumbs up* the City comes here, during the winter, maybe 2x every 2 weeks or so...plowing all the street snow up all the driveways...even while the guys are actually shoveling/snowblowing the crap at the same time Also the 'ruts' left by regular vehicles makes it even harder to get out onto the streets...so I don't even plan on going anywhere !
tlbepson
Premium Member
dc metro

tlbepson to LadyL

Premium Member

to LadyL
>>ladyl: .if you have a Region 0 player(which I don't have

Me either but I've considered buying one and never quite get around to it...
whiteyonenh
join:2004-08-09
Keene, NH

whiteyonenh to LadyL

to LadyL
said by LadyL:

Region 0 player

aka, region-free. Will play in any region player.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DV ··· ion_code

LadyL
Premium Member
Lorain, OH

LadyL to tlbepson

Premium Member

to tlbepson
The only place that sells Region 0 (region-free) dvd players is Amazon...none of the Big-Box stores around here will sell them ...I know about unlocking codes 'hack' for players, but it seems that everyone of my players that I've had just won't 'unlock' Also, the cost of 1 of these players is way too expensive.

chip89
Premium Member
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to LadyL

Premium Member

to LadyL
Ha. Always happens to the end of my drive way. I usually just shove it to the side of the sidewalk!

LadyL
Premium Member
Lorain, OH

LadyL

Premium Member

it's been snowing since 7AM...it will stop around 1PM...then start up again sometime during the nite(1-3" predicted for today)...then 3+days/nites of snow showers predicted at least so far the white crap isn't sticking to the streets, but everything else is all white !

chip89
Premium Member
Columbia Station, OH

chip89

Premium Member

Snowing here sticking everywhere. Yeah is only going to stop for a couple hours.

LadyL
Premium Member
Lorain, OH

LadyL

Premium Member

it started up again around 3 or so streets still clear, but everything else is getting more white crap.
I hate this stuff...when we were stationed at the USCG Base on Kodiak Island...snow was bad, but Japanese current made it liveable Ohio snow is different