spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

[ALL] New Customer Billing Activity

I just activated Internet + Flex TV yesterday. I'm looking at my unbilled activity and am seeing the Cox Service Protection Plan for $6.99, which I did not opt for and two $30 charges for the activation kits -- one for TV and one for Internet -- when I ordered online it indicated there would be a single $30 charge. Any thoughts? I've emailed support, but just trying to figure out why these items are there.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

The 6.99 is a wire protection plan, AKA CSAP. The 30$ are for self install kits, which usually include the remote,box,wires,etc. Do you have two cable boxes?
kes601
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

I know what the $6.99 charge was for just not why its on my account if I didn't sign up for it?

Only one cable box. The charges were for tv activation kit and Internet activation kit (I even own my own modem).

Hard Harry7
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

If you want to know "why" you were charged something, you need to ask the people who did the charging. Unless you PM your account info to a employee here, I don't think anyone will be able to help. Have you tried talking with Cox's billing department?
kes601
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

It's been taken care of. They credited me $60 for the inconvenience (took care of both activation charges) and removed / credited the $6.99 for the CSPP.

Hard Harry7
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

Good to hear. Why they had CSPP on a self install, which is not covered by CSPP, is beyond me. Was the order done through their website? Sometimes you just need to talk to a old fashion human.
kes601
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Yep ordered via the web. My order confirmation showed nothing about the CSPP. So not sure why it was on there but they got me taken care of so all good.