spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sean67854
join:2009-09-07
Urbandale, IA

sean67854

Usage warnings

Can someone please tell me point of warning me that I'm nearing my limit for the cycle on the day the cycle resets rather that sometime earlier?

My cycle begins on the 16th each month. At 145am I received 3 emails saying I am at 76.4% of my alottment. I've also been receiving browser injections all day.

Why does mediacom even bother?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

These messages are sent out when a customer hits 75% of data usage. It is done via a macro and is not contingent on what day of your billing cycle you are in.
Pringlescan
join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA

Pringlescan to sean67854

to sean67854
said by sean67854:

Can someone please tell me point of warning me that I'm nearing my limit for the cycle on the day the cycle resets rather that sometime earlier?

My cycle begins on the 16th each month. At 145am I received 3 emails saying I am at 76.4% of my alottment. I've also been receiving browser injections all day.

Why does mediacom even bother?

Seems like a question you already answered. I supposed it's for those who don't look at the meter and don't pay attention. Seems like something decent they did instead of doing nothing and letting you go over. Talk about 1st world issues.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by Pringlescan:

Seems like something decent they did

DPI is now considered decent? whoda thunk it... i dont use mediacom DNS and yet, some how, magically, notices show up. that tells me DPI, when they where sending out notices that "grandfathered" would be hit with the limits, they slapped one up when i was at a bank site, guess what? got me locked right on out of my bank account. that was fun.

"decent" would be one email, and or txt message. no need for a browser injection. that most people would either ignore. or rightly consider it a virus.