spc
Search similar:

uniqs
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000

Internet down in Victoria?

Anyone having internet problems in Victoria? Seems to be down for me in the Gorge rd area.

spock8
join:2012-07-08

spock8

I couldn't get a IP with shawopen either. DHCP issues?
zod5000
Victoria, BC

1 edit

zod5000

This is embarassing.... Shaw installed an amplifier to boost my signal. It requires power. Someone knocked out the plug to the amplifier.. lol...

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

said by zod5000:

Shaw installed an amplifier to boost my signal. It requires power.

You may want to look at getting a UPS unit for the amplifier, especially if you have Shaw phone..

Power goes out, the backup power on the cable system will be good, your phone modem has backup power, but not the amp.
Doonz (banned)
join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned) to zod5000

to zod5000
Back in early 2000, We were running a mail server at work, Every other night our server would disappear.....

It ended up being the cleaning crew unplugging it
zod5000
Victoria, BC

1 edit

zod5000

Yah I felt like quite the dumb*** when I called shaw. At first I waited a few hours for the cable/internet to come back up. I finally called them and they had a 40 minute wait (but I used the callback feature). I finally get a tech on the line who is super helpful and he says my neighbors aren't having any issues. At that point I realized it was me, took a quick look and noticed the plug for the amplifier was disconnected from the extension cord.

I felt like quite the idiot I consider myself pretty tech savvy. To call up and ask for tech support when it was a device that was unplugged... lol... not good.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds to Doonz

Premium Member

to Doonz
I know of an airport that happens to...