spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wideglide36
join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA

wideglide36

[Anveo] Anveo DID's issue

Hi, I was just curious if anyone else were seeing issues when trying to purchase certain DID's from the available numbers that they offer.

This has happened to me about three to five times now.

I am able to select the number and add it to my cart (I guess it's considered a cart?), but when I click to actually make the purchase, I get this error message.

"Unable to proceed. Phone number(s) was not provisioned."

If I'd go back immediately to the available numbers, the number would be there, but after trying again to purchase it, I would get the same error message. I guess it's an error message?

No big deal, but as I said, just curious if anyone else was experiencing this issue and what exactly that error message might mean. Maybe the guys from Anveo could explain it?

After going back later on, the numbers have always disappeared from their site, so I don't know if they were really never actually available or they have gone into limbo somewhere.

Thanks...
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
join:2014-08-20
Alviso, CA

1 recommendation

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

I have received that message twice now, the last time was about two or 3 weeks ago. I thought it was a glitch in the website. The last time I was trying to purchase a number 408-xxx-5000 in San Jose, CA. Both times that it happened to me, when I went in and searched for numbers again, the number which I tried to purchase was NO longer shown in the list of available numbers. I opened a support ticket the last time and I was told that I received the message because someone else had purchased the number before me. I guess that would be possible but it would seem unlikely in the 2 minutes which I had the list of numbers open on the screen.
wideglide36
join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA

wideglide36

said by CatsEyeX:

I have received that message twice now, the last time was about two or 3 weeks ago. I thought it was a glitch in the website. The last time I was trying to purchase a number 408-xxx-5000 in San Jose, CA. Both times that it happened to me, when I went in and searched for numbers again, the number which I tried to purchase was NO longer shown in the list of available numbers. I opened a support ticket the last time and I was told that I received the message because someone else had purchased the number before me. I guess that would be possible but it would seem unlikely in the 2 minutes which I had the list of numbers open on the screen.

Thank you.

I agree with you as far as how unlikely it would be to lose the number in the matter of a few minutes.

Today, I tried to purchase a number in which I have been watching for a few weeks and just today decided to buy it.

Lo and behold I got the error message and it would not let me buy it.

Surely someone else didn't purchase it during the time I had it in my cart? That would be one heck of a coincidence. It wasn't a "Prime" number in my opinion either.

Again, as I mentioned, it's not really that big of a deal as I have way too many DID's now, I was just curious if anyone else were seeing this error message.

I have already purchased five numbers from Anveo and I believe this is the fourth or fifth time that I was prevented from buying one.

So, I guess Anveo actually saved me a few bucks! LOL!!!

Thanks for your input CatsEyeX...
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
join:2014-08-20
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

That leads me back to my conclusion that it is a glitch in their website. I purchased quite a few DIDs from Anveo and I have only seen that message twice. I have successfully purchased them as recently as last Wednesday.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
said by wideglide36:

I am able to select the number and add it to my cart (I guess it's considered a cart?), but when I click to actually make the purchase, I get this error message.

I suggest you clear the cache of your browser just before you log into your Anveo account.

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
Bandwidth recently had an outage to their provisioning system, fyi.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

The Bandwidth Dashboard is processing orders that queued up during the outage. Bandwidth NOC and Development teams are monitoring the processing to ensure all queued orders are completing as expected. All newly placed orders since 9:30 am Eastern are processing as expected.

PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Hope they also didn't queue up 911 calls, another service from Bandwidth.com
PX Eliezer1

PX Eliezer1 to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
said by wideglide36:

This has happened to me about three to five times now.

I wonder if some DID numbers are listed for sale with more than one retail VoIP provider at the same time?

That would be something like "simultaneous origination".
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

That sounds quite plausible, if the service provider integrates with the carrier via API. The other option would be for service providers to purchase an inventory of DIDs in popular rate centres, but that would be expensive.