All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius

What Garrison buildings do you have?

I think this will be pretty standard for most people but I was just curious if anyone was doing something different. Also what building have you upgraded?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I started with Barracks, Lumber Mill, and 2 profession buildings. Now that I have some 13 followers, I decided to replace the Barracks with the Bunker to see if I can't better level up the followers. Once I can unlock the salvage yard, I'll replace one of my crafting building (probably alchemy) with salvage yard. I'm sitting on a little over 1000 resources, so I need to maybe slow down on missions a bit to save up some resources so I'm ready to upgrade buildings as soon as I am able.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to Feralmordius

to Feralmordius
I went lumbermill. Still level 1. Getting Apexis crystals is nice.

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius

I have the Bunker (lvl2), Lumber Mill (lvl1), Tannery (lvl2), Storehouse. The mine and garden are level two also.
Just picked up the Salvage Yard and thinking about replacing the storehouse. It is nice to have the bank but isn't that the only benefit the storehouse provides?

How do you level up your followers other than running missions with them?
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury to Feralmordius

to Feralmordius
At lvl 3 Garrison - I have trading post (lvl 1) - Bunker (lvl 2), lunarfall inn (lvl 2), engineering (lvl 2), and salvage yard (lvl 1). I have one free large spot, but I don't have the resources yet to fill it.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Feralmordius

to Feralmordius
I have both profession ones per toon, and if the paired profession is mining/herbalism then I just use the enchanting one for a little extra enchanting mats.

Warlock and the shaman have the Lumber Mill, but the rest won't as I won't be fully upgrading those with any degree of urgency.

Taino
join:2010-10-15
Port Richey, FL

Taino to Feralmordius

to Feralmordius
Barracks (still only 96 and in Talador so I can't upgrade it yet)
Lumber Mill 2
Forge 2
Gems 2
Fishing Hut
Mines
Garden (or whatever for herbs)

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Barracks lvl 2
Barn lvl 2
Tailor lvl 2
Enchanter lvl 2
Mines lvl 2
Garden lvl 2

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

1 recommendation

saillaw to Feralmordius

Premium Member

to Feralmordius
It's a bit annoying that the work-orders for some profession buildings produce soulbound matts. For example, I made a tannery as one of my buildings on a toon that has skinning as one of its professions. My thought was that I would feed the materials from work orders to another toon with Leatherworking. But, it turns out they are soubound, so I can do nothing with them. I'll be soon replacing that building.

IMHO they should have made the work-order items account bound.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

I saw this, this morning when I was mining ore on my mage, a herb/alch, the ore initially showed as soulbound, but I noticed after going to a vendor to sell trash the ore was not showing as soulbound.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to saillaw

to saillaw
You know work orders require raw mats that can be send from your alt right? say your LW gets skins from your skinner, 35 a day for 7 work orders or get a barn.. or buy them at AH at huge prices right now

saillaw
Premium Member
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

Yes but what the Tannery produces as a result of those workorders is soulbound. And it is a mat needed for LW, which my skinner doesn't have (was originally a low level alt I never thought would become a main). I can use those soul bound items to make some leather working gear at the tannery, but it is all mail or leather and that toon is an plate wearer.

Anyway, I have since changed it to a an enchant place to d/e, so for now it is not an issue.
saillaw

saillaw to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
I'll have to double check that. It would be nice if it is the case for me too.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

With my main at 100 and a level 2 garrison, it's pretty obvious I need to level my skinner/herb alt ASAP. I can't do crap with my LW or my scribe, so it's time to get him to 92 and skin/herb the crap out of him.

Skinning more than the herbs are mor my concern. I get a decent amount daily out of my herb garden, but I have zero leather and the prices are alol high. Hell, I may just skin to sell some right off the bat...
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

I haven't gotten a garden yet, how many herbs you get a day?

The mine gives about 10 ores, you spend those on my engineering work orders, I buy the rest on the AH to have my max 7 orders per day.

I can't acces wowhead but can I have Eng works, Tannery and Barn at the same time? maybe at level 3?

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Feralmordius

Premium Member

to Feralmordius
Really enjoying garrisons. Specifically follower missions.

Still not sure if I should drop Mining/Herb though.

I have:

Barracks lvl 2
Gladiator Sanctum lvl 2
Salvage Yard lvl 2
Storehouse lvl 2

Will be upgrading Garrison to lvl 3 possibly tonight.

saillaw
Premium Member
Dismay

saillaw to Feralmordius

Premium Member

to Feralmordius
Has there been any word on a possible Android or iOS app for managing Garrisons and Missions? It seems like the perfect thing to be managed remotely and would sure as hell add a lot of convenience.

Eumaeus
join:2009-12-10
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus to Feralmordius

to Feralmordius
Garrison lvl 3

Barracks lvl 1 / Dwarven Bunker lvl 1

Lumber Mill lvl 2 / Inn lvl 2

Enchanter lvl 2 / Gem Boutique lvl 2 / Storehouse lvl 1 - (Plan to swap to Salvage Yard once I unlock it soon - skipped Arak while leveling)

Mine lvl 2 / Garden lvl 2 / Fishing Hut lvl 1

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby to Feralmordius

Premium Member

to Feralmordius
Garden level one only gives about 6 nodes, so if you need herbs you'll need to supply more. Once you upgrade them you'll obviously get a lot more.

I've taken a couple days off to work my gatherer a bit, but I'll clearly need to level her more. You just don't get much leather or herb in Frostfire, the skinning just drops scraps, so I'll need to get to a higher zone. I'm most of the way to 92, so maybe Gorgrond will work better.

I should have enough resources to get my level 3 garrsion today, but that'll spend them all. I do love my garrison missions though. The level 2 salvage yard has actually been goo, I've gotten 2 blue armor upgrades and probably 7 or 8 green weapon and armor upgrades for my followers. I currently have 4 at 100 and 2 at 99.

Cat5

Cat5 to Feralmordius

to Feralmordius
What isn't initially clear is that the mine can be mined by any toon, regardless of if it has mining or not. The mine is also open at level 92, which is crazy easy to get on new toons. I already have enough ores on just two toons for the engineering work orders. I'm guessing it's the same for the herb garden, but getting multiple toons to 96 is a lot more effort.

Also noteworthy for all other shamans is the Glyph of Ghostly Speed. I bought mine for 750g and it's well worth the price. Basically it adds 60% to your run speed in ghost wolf form as long as you're not in combat. That's 90% run speed (almost mount speed) inside the mine, dungeons, and all other inside areas.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

You can also use miners coffee and miners picks in the mine to make you run even faster and mine faster as well.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Cat5

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

Also noteworthy for all other shamans is the Glyph of Ghostly Speed. I bought mine for 750g and it's well worth the price.

I should just stop being cheap and buy it. When it first came on the market it was 1000g, and I'm fresh on this server. I was hoping to wait until 500g but I should just get it now.

I find that lumber mill 1 is kinda sucky, I should blow the 1K to upgrade to level 2 also. So many trees I can not cut.

47 - where do buy the miner coffee and stuff?

So - what's the "end game" for garrisons? Everything level 3, followers all level 100, then what?

Cat5

Cat5

said by puppy:

I should just stop being cheap and buy it. When it first came on the market it was 1000g, and I'm fresh on this server. I was hoping to wait until 500g but I should just get it now.

It's worth 1000g to be honest, especially with the amount of in cave quests this time around.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to puppy

to puppy
said by puppy:

So - what's the "end game" for garrisons? Everything level 3, followers all level 100, then what?

Depends on what you're using your Garrisons for. Raiding? Gold? Pet battles? I mean, ultimately it should be having all the buildings you want/need at Level 3, have them staffed with followers, have all your followers at Level 100 and Epic Quality. Have them geared.

Then it is just using your Garrisons for whatever it is you wanted to use them for. Supplementing raiding, earning you gold, profession power houses, etc.

Eumaeus
join:2009-12-10
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus to Feralmordius

to Feralmordius
Lumber Mill 1 isn't too bad actually. It's quite easy to get enough wood to keep the LM work orders going. Lumber Mill 2 is great though - each normal sized tree gives something like 8-12+. I capped out 19/19 work orders in progress with ease.

Puppy - I found several miner's coffee in my garrison mine from miner's carts.

vic
@66.165.177.x

vic to qualitybobby

Anon

to qualitybobby
said by qualitybobby:

Skinning more than the herbs are mor my concern. I get a decent amount daily out of my herb garden, but I have zero leather and the prices are alol high. Hell, I may just skin to sell some right off the bat...

"high" is a gross understatement. On my server, raw beast hides still sell quickly at about 20g PER HIDE! I am not even really messing with leveling up my LW right now, just using enough for my two daily cooldowns and work orders and selling the rest. My skinner is now finally at 700 skill, and I took him to Nagrand (level 96 when I got there... I just walked around the mountains in the sea until I got to an openning and got the flight points. At 700 skinning, the animals in Nagrand (and there are TONS of them) drop 1-2 hides each, elite 100's drop 3, and rares have dropped up to 5). I grind animals and skin them for as long as I have rested xp and make stupid money in fur, drops, and hides, and once I run out of rested I go quest for a while (killing animals as I go). There aren't many skinners (never really have been) and now with the tannery being one of the better garrison options EVERYONE needs leather, and lots of it. I think it will be weeks before prices drop down substantially.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to puppy

to puppy
said by puppy:

47 - where do buy the miner coffee and stuff?

These drop as you gather the nodes in your mine. They are pretty common drops also; particularly the pick.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to vic

MVM

to vic
Hey Vic, when you going to make an account here?
vic6string
join:2014-11-19
Miami, FL

vic6string

said by Kilroy:

Hey Vic, when you going to make an account here?

Here we go... I was just being lazy

saillaw
Premium Member
Dismay

saillaw to Feralmordius

Premium Member

to Feralmordius
Have any of you seen any official post on how they roll the success for multi-follower missions? Visually they appear to be rolling for each member of the team individually rather than for the team as a whole.

For example, if they have a quest that says 67% rate of success with three followers on it; instead of one roll for all three, the game looks like it is rolling separately for each follower; and if any one of the three fails the 67% roll you fail the mission.

If this is the case, is it a bug or as intended? It is a little misleading, because a 67% mission with 3 followers would actually be 30% (.67*.67*.67=.3).

Or maybe its just a roll-playing visual but in reality they are only rolling the dice once?