All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bethy
join:2009-06-17

bethy

Freedompop goes international

Freedompop has launched a free international service, you can make up to 100 minutes of calls to any of 52 countries including the U.K., China, Hong Kong, Brazil, Argentina, India, and others. Freedompop claims it will expand to 170 countries in the next few weeks.

An extra $4.99 per month service will provide a virtual local dial up number in a country of your choice. For example if you have family in the U.K. or Mexico they can call a local number. 52 countries for land line as of today, 14 for cell phone service.

»www.freedompop.com/international

Beyond that, $4.99 will provide supposedly provide a 75% discount over other long distance services, they claim 75% lower than VOIP providers including Skype. Freedompop to Freedompop calls are always free.

»bgr.com/2014/11/12/freed ··· ng-plan/

Freedompop is busy.

If you don't want to buy Freedompop service, they offer an app in the Android Play Store. It enables all the voice features a Freedompop subscriber gets.

»techcrunch.com/2014/11/1 ··· edompop/
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

I just checked my Freedompop account page, there is an International option now. 100 free minutes is listed, to a lot of places. Subscription doesn't seem automatic.

300 minutes cost $4.99, a thousand minutes costs $9.99. Clicking on global virtual number got a "Feature coming soon" pop up.

I'm pasting the supported country list list below, hope this helps:

Landlines and mobile:

American Samoa
Bulgaria
Canada
China
Denmark
Greece
Guam
India
Malaysia
Puerto Rico