spc
Search similar:

uniqs

EHarris96
@208.93.223.x

EHarris96

Anon

[Help] Lost my keys

Hello, I have lost my keys to my 2000 4runner limited. Who do I go to in order to get a key and how much will it be? I have no extra keys.

skipon11
Premium Member
join:2005-06-09
Pittsburgh, PA

skipon11

Premium Member

I think a Dealer or a locksmith,don't know the cost. Get two sets made.
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen to EHarris96

Premium Member

to EHarris96
Only a dealer will be able to get you an ignition key. Take the vehicles VIN number with you and proof of ownership, unless you're having the vehicle towed in.
Expand your moderator at work
lawsoncl
join:2008-10-28
Spirit Lake, ID

lawsoncl to EHarris96

to EHarris96

Re: [Help] Lost my keys

Apparently not all of the 2000 4Runners had the chipped key. If you did and still had a working key, you can have a new key cut at the hardware store and program it your self. Blank transponder keys are about $10.

I think you're stuck going to the dealer if you lost the only key. They can pull up the keycodes from the VIN and cut a new key. I'd call the local locksmith and ask if they can do it though, as they'll be much cheaper if they can.

hortnut
Huh?
join:2005-09-25
PDX Metro

hortnut to EHarris96

to EHarris96
About 5 years back on a weekend at the Mall, the wife lost her keys to her 2003 Focus. We called AAA and they sent out a locksmith. The Key was chipped and he had all the tools to make one on the spot and program it. Actually had him make 2, as she only had the one set.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to EHarris96

Premium Member

to EHarris96
A locksmith can do it. Thats what they do. It might be cheaper at the dealer tho. I would call and ask which is cheaper. Some manufactures have cutoff years where they stop supporting keys and if thats the case you will be left using a locksmith.
Expand your moderator at work