All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Hanksy
@184.9.165.x

Hanksy

Anon

My Local Office Says There Are No Data Caps.

I'm from Mercer county West Virginia, and when I spoke to my technician, and local office about switching to Suddenlink, I asked several times whether or not there was a 250GB data allowance per month, and they both told me there wasn't.
Is there data caps or not?
(I'm switching to there standard 15mbps plan, but they're upgrading it to 50mbps for free.)

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

There are persistent rumors of some markets not having caps. No clue. Get it in writing if there aren't any.

Hanksy
@184.9.165.x

Hanksy

Anon

When the technician comes tomorrow to hook it up, I'll try to get it in writing, or record our conversation.

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM
join:2002-06-15

davidg

MVM

the tech can't guarantee anything in writing about a data cap. you need this from a CSR or Supervisor if indeed they don't have caps in your area.

Hanksy
@184.9.165.x

Hanksy

Anon

I'll likely just call in to speak to the supervisor, and I'll record the call.

CableDog
Technical Operations
Premium Member
join:2006-04-22
Hurricane, WV

1 recommendation

CableDog

Premium Member

I can save you the trouble.

There is currently no data allowance plan in West Virginia.

That will change as the new speed upgrades are completed.

Hanksy
@184.9.165.x

Hanksy

Anon

New upgrade as in the 300mbps upgrade?
Is their an ETA on that?
adamg
join:2013-03-01

adamg to Hanksy

to Hanksy
chances are that due to suddenlinks shit work environment, whoever you talked to had only worked there for a couple of weeks.
DSMCasey
join:2004-03-27
Sanger, TX

DSMCasey

Most suddenlink employees dont last long. I have spoken to several "higher ups" over the years because my internet would go out for 3 days - 2 weeks at least once a year due to issues in the network (OLD equipment!). The nice ones I spoke to over the years were always gone by the next year. I have never worked in the cable tv industry, but it seems suddenlink has a pretty volitile work force.
DSMCasey

DSMCasey to Hanksy

to Hanksy
Also, I did not have caps till my area was updated to 30mb. My best guess is that the older, slower equipment cannot track data usage as easily as the newer, faster equipment. This is only a guess though. They may not have caps at lower speeds for other reasons, who knows.
areacode304
join:2006-08-26
WV

areacode304 to CableDog

to CableDog
said by CableDog:

There is currently no data allowance plan in West Virginia.

That will change as the new speed upgrades are completed.

Well, looks like I'll be getting DSL. Data caps are bullshit and any ISP that institutes them is no better than any greedy prick or common thief.

You're going to lose customers over this. I'll make sure of that.

BryanC1968
join:2003-06-10
Elkins, WV

BryanC1968 to CableDog

to CableDog
My part of WV does... (Buckhannon/Elkins, WV area)... I have been warned twice about going over the data Cap... and I am close to my 3rd strike this billing period... I think I might just skate in under the limit with today being the last day... Internet Usage (As of 11:59 PM local time, 11/17/2014) 240.8 Gigabytes (GB)...