I Need A Drink
MVM
join:2001-07-13
Lebanon, PA

1 recommendation

superdog

MVM

Hello!

I just thought I would stop by and say hello. I am still alive if anyone cares?, Lol. While I have been very busy running other endeavors, I still have my WISP. It is no where near the size it was 5 years ago, but it is still up and running non the less. It is good to see some familiar faces are still here. There was a point in time when my entire life revolved around this site, and without it I could have never gotten to the places I did when I first started.

I am sure some things never change and it appears that we still have a "How do I start a WISP post?" a few times a month. I made a post like that back in 1999 or 2000 and the thread went on for almost a year I think? Oh well, we all had our first times and it looks like the WISP business model that some said would never make it past 2004 because cable, satellite and the cell carriers would put us out of business is still around and getting bigger every day.

I am not sure if I am considered an "old timer" or not? I do know that as far as age is concerned, I can't climb to the top of a 100ft silo anymore without stopping and I have long since stopped thinking that hanging in a harness at 150' for 4 hours was a good time, Lmao

I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday season, your subscribers pay on time, your radios stay up, your competitors go under, your phone rings off the hook for new users and the battery for your heated underwear never dies, Lol.

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Winchester, CA

viperm

Premium Member

SD your always welcome here! old timer or not. Thanks for the thoughts and you too enjoy your holidays..

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to superdog

Premium Member

to superdog
HA! I just checked the other day to see when the last time you checked in was...and here you are.

bito
Premium Member
join:2001-10-08
Monroe, NC

bito to superdog

Premium Member

to superdog
Hey Tim, some of us are still around
LLigetfa
join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa to superdog

to superdog
Nice to see you're still around SD! I was let go from my job over a year ago but I see the hotspot I put up or at least some portions of it are still working. I put an IP cam on the hotspot so that I could check how long the lineups are at the border and I still use it to this day.

IKWYM about long climbs. My legs turn into rubber and my arms cannot take up the stead.

lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

lutful to superdog

Premium Member

to superdog
Tim, even I am an "old timer" by now. Time flies.

Happy to see your post in WISP. Good luck with your work and health. I post much less, but check often.

superdog
I Need A Drink
MVM
join:2001-07-13
Lebanon, PA

superdog

MVM

Well, It's good to see the forum alive and well! I'm glad to see lots of activity here. I am the type of individual that finds a subject that really intrigues me and then delve into it with everything I have. Once I have worked and/or played with it for awhile, I tend to become complacent and move onto other things. Sometimes though, one can not simply throw down the book and walk away, especially when you have a bunch of people who have no other option for broadband (Myself included, Lol).

I wish I could tell you I now know everything and no longer need any forum or book to teach me something on this subject. We all know that would be a HUGE lie and I still learn something new about wireless every time I have to fix something. I tend to through phases with my network. Everything will run great for a few months and I will completely forget about it, to the point that when there is a problem or issue, I sometimes forget an IP address or password. I still get checks in the mail every month and I have long since gotten back all of the money I dumped into this project.

I see that our friends at UBNT may finally have some competition? That is a good thing (I think? ). I was wondering what product I should look at if I am planning on revamping my network or maybe even expanding the one I have? (hint, hint............ )
jim_p_price7
join:2005-10-28
Henryetta, OK

jim_p_price7 to superdog

to superdog
Good to hear from you, SD!