spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV

Verizon did this...

a few weeks ago(lowered 15gb to $100 and 10gb to $80 on More Everything) to kinda counter AT&T upping their data allotment on their lower plans.

I guess it's always good to see them working to the customer's advantage for a change, no matter how little it is.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

This is also in response to Sprint's $100/Month Family Share Pack with 20GB.
It'll be interesting to see if Sprint updates its plan to have 30GB at the $100/Month Price Point, in keeping with its double data pledge.

Marcelo Claure, Sprint CEO, said his company would be very responsive to its competitors' offerings.

When T-Mobile made a move on phone buyback values one morning recently, Sprint responded the same day to match/beat it.
IPPlanMan

IPPlanMan to Chuck_IV

to Chuck_IV
EDIT... Double Post.
mmay149q
Premium Member
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX

1 recommendation

mmay149q to Chuck_IV

Premium Member

to Chuck_IV
Where do you get the idea that a capped plan is "working to the customers advantage" when the norm used to be unlimited on every carrier? In my opinion this is just a carrot on a stick... The moment any provider started offering tiered data plans is the exact moment they should of lost half of their customer base or more, instead we just have people that put up with it...
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV

said by mmay149q:

Where do you get the idea that a capped plan is "working to the customers advantage" when the norm used to be unlimited on every carrier? In my opinion this is just a carrot on a stick... The moment any provider started offering tiered data plans is the exact moment they should of lost half of their customer base or more, instead we just have people that put up with it...

Wow, did you miss the "for a change" part? Obviously it's not what it used to be but it is what it is unfortunately. At least it's something more for the customer, no matter how little it is, as I said in my original post...
mmay149q
Premium Member
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX

mmay149q

Premium Member

Yeah I know what you mean, but still I can't ever consider anything capped an "improvement" even if they upped it from 10GB to 1TB, the problem is that the whole justification for moving to tiered data was because "2% of our users are using the most data and impacting the most users who don't use as much of the service" which to me I think it was just a misdirection to place blame on certain people instead of doing the RIGHT thing and upgrading network hardware that needs it... But then again I'm one of those 2% people, I'm currently at 33GB's of usage this month on my unlimited data plan with Verizon...

Anon2859
@50.180.37.x

Anon2859 to mmay149q

Anon

to mmay149q
As someone who sells phones for 3 carriers, I can tell you that there are far fewer people out there who care about unlimited data than you think. We here on this site care about it a great deal of course (I myself am still on a grandfathered AT&T Unlimited plan), but most families care more about keeping their bill down, and they're willing to sacrifice non-Wifi data usage to keep it down.

Granted, the one carrier I don't sell is T-Mobile, so my own viewpoint is also biased in that regard. Just saying what I see on a daily basis, that's all.