Do you recommend it?

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

I picked it up and if you are a fan of the first two you will be a fan of Inquisition. They took the best of the two games and mashed them together. Also, the game is HUGE. It takes the open concept and blows it sky high. The graphics are great, there are a few little glitches here and there but it is not bad. I got it through EA EA Access so I got to play it over the weekend. Love it.

monchis
Premium Member
join:2002-12-09

monchis

Premium Member

I ended up buying it and got hooked on the multiplayer lol never played the previous two.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

I got it for PC, love the previous two games. If you've never played them the story may not make much sense. It's a very big world lore-wise. I am sure you can sort of catch up through the codexes in game but that would require a ton of reading.

Haven't tried the multiplayer yet. What's it like?

Jehu
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
MA

Jehu to monchis

Premium Member

to monchis
I started playing the first one, created a character that accidentally looked like Axel Rose and never came back to the game after like 30 mins of play.

I don't really like Axel Rose, so I can't recommend this game.

Kulldar
Premium Member
join:2008-11-11
Warren, MI

Kulldar to monchis

Premium Member

to monchis
I picked this up on Tuesday. I took Tuesday and Wednesday off work because my son was home sick from school so I got in a lot of game time. Think I'm up to about 20 hours played now. I played both DA1 and D2. DA1 was awesome, and unlike popular opinion I really liked DA2 even though it was quite a bit different.

DA3 took a little bit of time to learn how the game worked. I have to admit the first couple hours I really questioned whether I liked the game or not. I jumped right into the open world of Ferelden and spent a good 8 hours just doing quests. I was really getting bored and thinking to myself "Is this it? Has Dragon Age really just become an open world MMO style game?".

Then I discovered that I had been doing it all wrong. I found my way back to Haven and realized that I wasn't doing any of the main story for all those 8 hours. I found my companions and the chantry war room where I could launch missions and advance the story. The game got really fun really fast.

At this stage I would give the game a 9/10. It's a huge game, engaging combat, and a great story so far. Like a poster above me mentioned, it's a good mesh of the first and second game.

I have only a few small reasons why I wouldn't give this game a higher rating. The inventory interface is a big clunky for me. It doesn't make complete sense and the controls feel off. And the beginning story feels a bit rushed to me. It's epic and cool, but just a little rushed.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Kulldar:

I picked this up on Tuesday. I took Tuesday and Wednesday off work because my son was home sick from school so I got in a lot of game time. Think I'm up to about 20 hours played now. I played both DA1 and D2. DA1 was awesome, and unlike popular opinion I really liked DA2 even though it was quite a bit different.

DA3 took a little bit of time to learn how the game worked. I have to admit the first couple hours I really questioned whether I liked the game or not. I jumped right into the open world of Ferelden and spent a good 8 hours just doing quests. I was really getting bored and thinking to myself "Is this it? Has Dragon Age really just become an open world MMO style game?".

Then I discovered that I had been doing it all wrong. I found my way back to Haven and realized that I wasn't doing any of the main story for all those 8 hours. I found my companions and the chantry war room where I could launch missions and advance the story. The game got really fun really fast.

Hahaha the exact same thing happened to me. I just finished up DA2 last weekend and this is quite different. I wandered around the Hinterlands for hours and hours doing random quests MMO style. Then I got back to the War Table and was like Oooooh.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Same thing here as well. I have been having fun so far doing the side missions. Some of those rifts man are hard to beat, there are a few in the hinterlands I cannot tackle yet. Came across a dragon, that ended poorly for me.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

1 recommendation

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by ptrowski:

Same thing here as well. I have been having fun so far doing the side missions. Some of those rifts man are hard to beat, there are a few in the hinterlands I cannot tackle yet. Came across a dragon, that ended poorly for me.

Same here. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't beat a Hinterlands rift until I noticed the mobs were 6 levels above me. That dragon wiped my whole team with a fireball. It looks amazing though, better than Skyrim IMO.

monchis
Premium Member
join:2002-12-09

monchis

Premium Member

I was killing the dragons babies and gtfo. Those were hard too, if you go in deeper in that area you find the dragon waiting on the floor!

I am in love with this game, I was concerned that it'll be boring cause it's single player but so far so good. I bet this game would've been game of the year if they somehow implemented online co op where I could just take over one of your characters on your progress and vice versa. It makes no sense why they didn't do that.

I would love to be able to join and help my friend on his story with his own chars etc