All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
voxframe
join:2010-08-02

voxframe

I have won the Mikrotik award LOL!

It seems I have won the standard Mikrotik award for actually speaking up on their forums. Only took a couple years lol.

Sorry since this is a bit of a rant... But you start to question a company who simply tries to ban/quiet people who stick out and critique a growing/obvious problem with the product that they refuse to acknowledge, let alone deal with.

Curiously my thread is still active on the forums.
»forum.mikrotik.com/viewt ··· &t=91251

The thread was to point out the obvious that they need to re-vamp their firmware release system to something that actually follows the software development cycle by actually doing proper alpha/beta/stable releases and feature freezing etc.

We all know how most of their firmware tends to fix one bug, and introduce 10 more, since they added new features to what was supposed to be a bug-fix only... And not actually document it so SURPRISE when you load it up.

Anywhoo, it's good for a laugh. I have earned the MT badge of honor.
jimbouse
join:2011-10-01
Bryan, TX

jimbouse

said by voxframe:

I have won the standard Mikrotik award

Congratulations! Although censorship is not my idea of the way to run a company.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak to voxframe

Premium Member

to voxframe
Lol.

I rarely post in the forum, its next to useless.
I do read it a lot, trying to stay up on issues, when to pull triggers on upgrades, etc.
wirelessdog
join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog to voxframe

to voxframe
They haven't had stable firmware since 2.9.51
Expand your moderator at work

Eric Ozrelic
join:2009-01-25
Bend, OR

Eric Ozrelic to voxframe

to voxframe

Re: I have won the Mikrotik award LOL!

I looked over that thread and your comments and frankly, I can't believe they banned you over that post. I stopped visiting the MT forums a long time ago as I realized that there wasn't any real help to be found there.
wirelessdog
join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog to voxframe

to voxframe
You can have my username as long as you change my graphic and such. That would really screw them up. At one time I was like number 5 on top posters there.

WHT
join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX

WHT to voxframe

to voxframe
Mikrotik - Latvian for "clutch of prissy little queens".
voxframe
join:2010-08-02

voxframe

LMAO WHT!
Chessie3
join:2011-02-02
united state

Chessie3 to voxframe

to voxframe
Found this thread interesting since I am dealing with a bum router from them. Its brand new and a brick. Bought it from streakwave and they were about as useless as could be on returning it. Short story is its going to be a few weeks before I get a replacement from streakwave or mikrotik. I am honestly not sure who is taking care of it. I can tell you the 10 PMP 450 APs and associated clients I am ordering in the near future will not be ordered through streakwave. Sorry that was a bit of a rant but I am still pissed I guess.

The question through is for those of you running Mikrotik routers with Butch's scrips. What firmware are you using that you consider stable?
System

to voxframe

Anon

to voxframe
This topic has been closed. Reason: run its course