Search similar:

uniqs

Pollux7777
join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777

Wow subs climb back up to 10 million

Gamespot article

"The launch of World of Warcraft expansion Warlords of Draenor has resulted in an increase in players for the MMO, which now totals more than 10 million subscribers. According to an announcement from Blizzard, within 24 hours of release over 3.3 million copies of Warlords of Draenor had been sold and the global subscriber base passed the 10 million mark.

World of Warcraft's peak subscriber count of 12 million was reached in 2010. Earlier this year, the subscriber count sat at 6.8 million for the MMO but began to increase in the lead-up to launch of the expansion.

Warlords of Draenor releases in South Korea, mainland China, Taiwan, and Macau today, which may add to the pool of subscribers. Following on from server issues which plagued the expansion's launch last week, Blizzard has allocated five extra days of game time to accounts that were active on November 14.

World of Warcraft celebrates its ten year anniversary this year. Check out GameSpot's look back on the game in our 10 Years of WoW feature."

Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

I'm not surprised at all by this after seeing the massive amounts of people trying to access the game in the last week.

Gork
Ou812ic
join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

Gork to Pollux7777

to Pollux7777
Good news! I hope they're able to hold onto the numbers for awhile. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot for a month, but the $50 price tag for the game is more than I'm willing to pay since I only paid $20 for each of my four copies of Panda. While increases are to be expected (though not relished) that's just too much of a jump for me personally.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Pollux7777

to Pollux7777
All the "I ain't want me no panda!!!" ragers are coming back. And I suspect a lot of teenage kids - As my ignore and report for language button has been used considerably in the last few days.

PC Doc 54
aka fcapes
Premium Member
join:2000-10-28
Alamogordo, NM

PC Doc 54

Premium Member

said by Carpie:

All the "I ain't want me no panda!!!" ragers are coming back. And I suspect a lot of teenage kids - As my ignore and report for language button has been used considerably in the last few days.

Agreed ... I've turned off general chat now because of the dumb shit I'm seeing ... was starting to think I was back at Crossroads or Goldshire!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I've been tempted to turn off all channels but guild and officer chat.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

I did turn them off on my main while I was leveling. And heck... even the guild channel has been so filled with excitement since launch, I can't keep up with it anyhow!

Pollux7777
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777

Man I'm missing all the excitement!

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Did you get resubbed? If not, get your butt in here!
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV to Gork

to Gork
said by Gork:

Good news! I hope they're able to hold onto the numbers for awhile. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot for a month, but the $50 price tag for the game is more than I'm willing to pay since I only paid $20 for each of my four copies of Panda. While increases are to be expected (though not relished) that's just too much of a jump for me personally.

I suspect those who paid $50 for it will stick around for a few months anyway, just so they will feel like they get their money's worth.

I'm with you on the price tho. I haven't played WOW in probably close to 2 years now and was considering coming back, but at $50 plus no free month, I just can't find the urge to pull the trigger. I'll wait for a sale somewhere before considering the purchase. Plus the fact that only 1 of 4 of the people I normally game with, went back, doesn't add to the purchase urge either.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby to Gork

Premium Member

to Gork
said by Gork:

Good news!

When I read that, I heard it in a Professor Putricide voice. lol

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

I've been tempted to turn off all channels but guild and officer chat.

I'm tempted to go one further and gquit. We have this idiot officer who always has to be talking / arguing, even if it's only him talking. He steps up the annoyance by talking in small sentences, one after the other. For example:

lol
you'll never guess what?
i just killed an elite
in gorgrond
only need 2 for the cheevo now

Literally all over a period of 15 seconds, with nobody saying anything in between.

I've never wanted to reach into the screen and punch somebody so hard in my whole life.
Cat5

Cat5 to qualitybobby

to qualitybobby
said by qualitybobby:

said by Gork:

Good news!

When I read that, I heard it in a Professor Putricide voice. lol

You mean Professor Farnsworth surely

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to Cat5

to Cat5
...why don't you just put him on Ignore?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Adalicia:

far better option than /gquit... but could really hurt some feelings, so make sure you're okay with getting called out for putting him on /ignore.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Our old Tank had one of our raider members on ignore. We all thought it was funny as shit.

Pollux7777
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777 to Carpie

to Carpie
said by Carpie:

Did you get resubbed? If not, get your butt in here!

I don't have a computer monitor at the moment. Hoping Christmas will rectify that issue.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to PC Doc 54

to PC Doc 54
what, you not like hearing about how badass alienware computers are?

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake to Pollux7777

MVM

to Pollux7777
Channel the spirit of Illidan and play without a monitor!

P Ness
You'Ve Forgotten 9-11 Already
Premium Member
join:2001-08-29
way way out

P Ness to Pollux7777

Premium Member

to Pollux7777
on panda release it too popped to 10m.

Pollux7777
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777 to seaquake

to seaquake
said by seaquake:

Channel the spirit of Illidan and play without a monitor!

I am not prepared

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
You should server transfer to Magtheirdon (spelling?) it's a great EU server with 50/50 balance and good strong active population. I really like it. And the guild I am in has been a great. Is of casual and raiding. I also like that there are generally about 20-30 people on even during non-raiding times so usually pretty easy to get a group going. And most of the players are adults which makes Gchat and team speak more tollerable.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to Pollux7777

Premium Member

to Pollux7777
Of course I see the game is down again today. I keep watching the realm status page and seems like there's a lot more down time compared to Cat and Panda. That's not going to help retain the subs.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Pollux7777

MVM

to Pollux7777
I just wish the PVP in that game wasn't the "lose control of your character 9 times in order to die" strategy. I am loving Elder Scrolls Online right now. There is no such thing as someone being able to heal through 4-5 people beating on them.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

The new rebalance I saw after the patch was terrible. DPS was just about useless against any heals.

Carpie
united state

Carpie to Pollux7777

to Pollux7777
said by Pollux7777:

I don't have a computer monitor at the moment.

Plug it in to the tv! Problem solved! Now let's get you some lootz!

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

Literally all over a period of 15 seconds, with nobody saying anything in between.

I've never wanted to reach into the screen and punch somebody so hard in my whole life.

Ginjer is pushing me to rebuild the Mal'Ganis empire :P

I don't know man. I've been burnt on xpacs before... the way this xpac has been... I have mixed feelings.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Adalicia:

far better option than /gquit... but could really hurt some feelings, so make sure you're okay with getting called out for putting him on /ignore.

Ignoring an officer is pretty rude and will cause more bad feeling if it's found out. I don't chat much with them anyway but it's not worth the risk.

Gquitting is easier as I don't do much with them, and then can use the excuse of re-starting my old guild.