spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RollTide14
join:2012-01-30
Wetumpka, AL

RollTide14

Can I combine DirecTV and U-verse

ATT subcontractors are currently in my neighborhood laying lines for U-verse. I'm a DirecTV subscriber under contract and have cable internet with no contract. Will I be able to bundle U-verse internet service, when available, with my DirecTV? Will it get me discounts on internet similar to bundling with U-verse TV? I currently pay $33 a month for 10 meg service with the cable company. I saw that Max regular prices is in the $50 range. Thanks in advance.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

I don't think you can bundle DTV with U-verse, but I'm not sure.

Max(on VDSL2) is 15/2 Mbps due to over-provisioning. This tier is $39.95 for 12 months for internet only plans. If Max is bundled with phone and/or TV, it's $24.95 for 12 months(24 months if all three bundled together). When bundled with phone and/or TV, it's better to choose Max Plus 18/1.5(over-provisioned to 23/2) since it's the same price($24.95) with promotions.

However, since you say you're in a DTV contract, I assume you want just internet as you bring up in your post. Do you have home phone?
RollTide14
Wetumpka, AL

RollTide14

Thanks for the reply. We don't have a home phone (not interested) and our cell phones are with Verizon. ATT will let me bundle with DSL service but it only gets up to 6 meg in my area.

Mark58
@99.57.78.x

Mark58

Anon

You can get $5 off if you combine your Directv bill with your Att Uverse bill. You just need to call Att and let them know what you want to do.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
U-Verse can be bundled with DirecTV even presently, and if/when the merger is approved and completed, the relationship will only get closer

I've even seen FTTP houses that get the U-Verse Internet/DirecTV bundle, though obviously it is most common with ADSL2+ U-Verse (since there is not presently an U-Verse IPTV option via ADSL2+ IPDSLAM)

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by ILpt4U:

U-Verse can be bundled with DirecTV even presently, and if/when the merger is approved and completed, the relationship will only get closer

I've even seen FTTP houses that get the U-Verse Internet/DirecTV bundle, though obviously it is most common with ADSL2+ U-Verse (since there is not presently an U-Verse IPTV option via ADSL2+ IPDSLAM)

Are you required to call in then to bundle them? I ask because the website won't let you do so at all and only lets ADSL people do it.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

ILpt4U

Premium Member

Either call or go to an AT&T Store. Also the DirecTV site might let you bundle there -- don't know if online ordering allows it.

I'll try a couple times, see what I can come up with =)
ILpt4U

ILpt4U

Premium Member

DirecTV gives an 855 number to call to bundle with AT&T: 855.567.1569

»www.directv.com/DTVAPP/c ··· rnet/att

The U-Verse availability checker dumps you to POTS/DSL/DirecTV bundles if you are U-Verse "red" - I checked a couple addresses I'm pretty sure are IPDSLAM green (close to a CO) and that kicks me back to the POTS/DSL/DirecTV screen as well

Darknessfall
Premium Member

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Ah, ok. Thanks ILpt4u, I never knew that. I always figured you had to keep them separate if you weren't on ADSL.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

1 edit

ILpt4U

Premium Member

I take that back, if you go to "order phone/dsl/DirecTV bundle," and you get to THAT availability checker/not the U-Verse one, you can order a U-Verse/DirecTV bundle online. Trying it @ an IPDSLAM address now. Gonna try it next on a VDSL2 address

You have to play with the "Bundles without U-Verse"/"Build your own Bundle" under the "Shop"->"Bundles" sections of the guide bar of the AT&T site, to get the address checker to bypass the U-Verse catch-all address checker.

But since the website makes you play games to try and get a U-Verse/DirecTV bundle, I'd recommend calling AT&T and/or DirecTV, or visiting an AT&T Store to get that set up
Craiger
join:2012-07-05
Chesterfield, MO

Craiger to RollTide14

to RollTide14
I wonder how its going to be signing up on their web page if the merger is approved? Will AT&T combine their web site and DirecTV's web site into one? We have DirecTV and UVerse Internet. I guess after the merger those two bills will be combined into one? I wonder how that bill will look? Will it have the AT&T logo on it or will it have the DirecTV logo on it? Or both?

my thoughts
@24.209.161.x

my thoughts

Anon

From »support.directv.com/app/ ··· rger-faq

Will I be able to get a better price since I am buying services from both DIRECTV and AT&T?
• We will provide information regarding specific products and services of the combined company once we close the transaction
RollTide14
Wetumpka, AL

RollTide14

Thanks for all of the replies. I call ATT when I get the announcement that U-verse is available. We're not in a large neighborhood so it shouldn't take too long.