Jaffa Kree
Premium Member
join:2001-12-27
Holmen, WI

2 recommendations

Apophis

Premium Member

CenturyLink = Worst telecommunications company in the United States

I've worked with a lot of providers across the United States, from Charter, Comcast, Wildblue, HughesNet, Frontier, Time Warner and CenturyLink / Embarq is by far the worst company to deal with than any of them.

They have a bad history of putting out quick cheap quotes for services just to do the homework weeks later to have the build out cost be triple what it costs them to hire a 3rd party engineering team to do the same work.

Their call center for dealing with new customers, dealing with existing customer issues is by far the worst of any of the providers I listed. Not only are the majority of the people not educated on the product they sell, at the end of the day I honestly think they don't care.

As far as I am concerned, I hope that CenturyLink as a company completely fails and goes completely out of business. This company with its zero investment into their broadband networks for the past 10 years is simply ridiculous. It shouldn't take 24 weeks to do a simple T1 install or 7 months to do a actual build out expense calculation.

I have zero faith in CenturyLink and I take customers from them and move them over to other providers any chance I get.

mad cust
@207.119.220.x

mad cust

Anon

I'll agree, I called and asked how much it would cost a month to upgrade from my basic local phone service to one that included long distance - I was told something like $4 and I accepted, no doubt only to get my next bill $30 more... a $26 difference in the price I was quoted, I complained and they said I could not simply just "add" long distance, I had to purchase a pack and the next pack was $30 more, and their rep just made "an honest mistake". several times I have noticed charges for this or that, paid a year and a half for long distance twice each month somehow, was lied to about upgrade to 8Mbps from my current 1.5, have had to call several times for slow internet or complete outtages (too many people on their outdated lines, running snail speeds... yet we don't need upgrades) had to call them 5 times in one week to get them to fix static in my phone lines - TOLD them water was getting in the outside box, they never fixed it, they just outright did not show up once, I threw a fit to them and they finally came and took care of that issue, and one time I managed to make them discount me a month of free internet because the entire month I experienced outtages or incredibly slow speeds, as well as my neighbors, etc. a tech friend (owns a company called techstar llc and builds servers, I'd trust him) of mine showed me something saying they were throttling my connection back and technically violated net neutrality, and I wrote them what he said along with a screenshot of the chart he showed me and they never even acknowledged it - he said because if they acknowledge it, they can't explain it and no matter what will be an admission of guilt.

neill6705
join:2014-08-09

neill6705 to Apophis

to Apophis
"This company with its zero investment into their broadband networks for the past 10 years is simply ridiculous."

I don't know about other areas, but they've been doing some FTTN here in central Minnesota. I was stuck on Qwest's crappy 1.5/768 DSL forever. Then CL bought them out and shortly after we had 20mbps VDSL available to us. Support has been good too. One day our line became very unstable and they were able to send out a tech the day after the next. The tech isolated a bridge tap and terminated it right away. Everything's been fine ever since.