spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dutchtender
join:2010-11-21
Sunnyvale, CA

dutchtender

[CallCentric] weird issue with incoming calls

I am on callcentric. I have two extensions. One is an ATA and one is grandstream IP phone. here's the thing. Both extensions are registered and can dial out. But when I get an incoming call it only rings for a second on the IP phone and I can't answer there. but it keeps ringing on the other extension and I can answer there just fine. I can't receive a call on the grandstream IP phone which is registered. I am forwarding calls from GV to CC. Has anyone run into an issue where both extensions register, both can dial out, but only one can receive? Thanks!
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Are you saying that the ATA is registered on one CallCentric extension (subaccount) and the IP phone is registered on another CC extension (subaccount)?

That of course would be necessary for 2 devices.

-----

How is the area set up that says "DID Forwarding"?

Are there any conflicts in "Call Treatments"?
dutchtender
Sunnyvale, CA

dutchtender

yeah. 2 extensions 2 registrations on one account. when a call comes in I hear it ring and the IP phone lights up for about a half second. then dial tone. the other extension keeps ringing. can dial out on both extensions. weirdest thing...
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

2 recommendations

Mango

Premium Member

For troubleshooting purposes, remove your simultaneous ringing, and route the call directly to the Grandstream's extension. Then call your Callcentric number (not your Google Voice number) and see if the problem persists.

If you still experience the symptoms, you can investigate the Grandstream's configuration. If not, put your call routing back in place, one piece at a time, and find out where the problem starts.

Good luck,
m.
dutchtender
Sunnyvale, CA

dutchtender

thanks for the tip. will give it a go. call treatments are really simple. it's basically a 24/7 treatment that's been working fine up until recently.

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg

Premium Member

And, just to be sure, make sure you are on the same page regarding the "extensions" question asked by PX Eliezer. That when you confirm you have 2 extensions you don't just mean 2 devices at your end in your home, you are talking about 2 separate extensions as shown in the CC Portal:

Examples:
1777200XXXX and 1777200XXXX101
or
1777200XXXX101 and 1777200XXXX102
dutchtender
Sunnyvale, CA

dutchtender

said by brg:

And, just to be sure, make sure you are on the same page regarding the "extensions" question asked by PX Eliezer. That when you confirm you have 2 extensions you don't just mean 2 devices at your end in your home, you are talking about 2 separate extensions as shown in the CC Portal:

Examples:
1777200XXXX and 1777200XXXX101
or
1777200XXXX101 and 1777200XXXX102

yeah that's how it looks for me. thanks.
dutchtender

dutchtender

reboot the phone solved it? okay....
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by dutchtender:

reboot the phone solved it? okay....

Anything that gets it fixed!

Like when our fathers banged on a TV set, rebooting a phone often is useful and should always be tried early on.
dutchtender
Sunnyvale, CA

dutchtender

yeah should have thought of that. it always works for PCs.