spc
Search similar:

uniqs
steve1111
join:2009-09-23
Albany, NY

steve1111

[CallCentric] DIDS and 1777 numbers - latency

Question about latency. Jack and Jill are both Callcentric customers; each has a phone number and each has a 1777 account number. Does it make any difference if they call each other by phone number or by account number?
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

1 recommendation

Stewart

Either way, the call takes the same path, has the same latency, and is free.

However, Call Treatments (or processing by the called party's equipment), could cause the two cases to be handled differently.

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg to steve1111

Premium Member

to steve1111
I have Callcentric with a DID, and have several friends in the same boat. I've called them over the years from Callcentric dialing either the 1777 account number or the DID and have never noticed a difference.

To Stewart's point, I could see how the processing of a 1777 number by Callcentric might be microseconds faster: All the system has to do is see those first 4 digits and it knows it is dealing with a CC to CC call. In the case of a DID the system has to receive all 10/11 digits and then perform a table look-up against its full portfolio of DIDs to make that determination. Given processor speed, however, I wouldn't expect the end-user to see any appreciable difference...
steve1111
join:2009-09-23
Albany, NY

steve1111

Good. Thanks for your input. Steve.