spc
Search similar:

uniqs
hayduke4
join:2014-01-09
United State

hayduke4

NoScript for Google Chrome

I use NoScript with Pale Moon but I'm trying to help a friend that uses Google Chrome. Is there anything like NoScript for Google Chrome? We found NotScripts but it seems it's been abandoned. Also every time she runs Ccleaner it deletes NotScripts and she has to reinstall it.

Thanks,
hayduke.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube

Noscript for Google Chrome?
No.
Anything like?
Well certainly not the original, certainly not with the functionality provided.

Like as in like, suppose, like NotScripts (possibly others but I'm not familiar).

> every time she runs Ccleaner it deletes NotScripts

No method to tell CC to ignore it?
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to hayduke4

Premium Member

to hayduke4
A high-security browser based on Chromium (the same underlying code that Chrome is based on) is White Hat Aviator.

Not perfect but may be worth a look.

»www.tomsguide.com/us/avi ··· 023.html
»www.whitehatsec.com/aviator/

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia to hayduke4

Premium Member

to hayduke4
I used NotScripts which was similar, not quite as good(but using some standard Chrome features filled in the blanks) but decent. However, it seems to have been removed after I gave up on that piece of crap known as Chrome. I did, however, see this and it looks like it does the same thing and has good reviews »chrome.google.com/websto ··· ba?hl=en Worth a shot.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to hayduke4

to hayduke4
Check out ScriptSafe

»chrome.google.com/websto ··· hl=en-US

»code.google.com/p/scriptno/

John2g
Qui Tacet Consentit
Premium Member
join:2001-08-10
England

1 edit

John2g to hayduke4

Premium Member

to hayduke4
I use ScriptBlock: it is excellent.

hxxps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/scriptblock/hcdjknjpbnhdoabbngpmfekaecnpajba?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon
JarmoP
join:2013-10-11
Finland

JarmoP to hayduke4

to hayduke4
I would use uMatrix. It is kind of same as NoScript in ease of use and ability to block.

While writing this I have frame disabled and can see it above the message box blocked. To be able to write here I allowed this site as 1-st-party. To be sure I whitelisted dslr.net too, temporary.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to hayduke4

to hayduke4

Can you just globally DISABLE SCRIPTS? (Like ya can w/IE)

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia

Premium Member

You can in almost any browser, but there are many important sites that just won't work without at least Javascript. So, the ability to selectively control it would serve more users properly. True, you can do this in IE and many other browsers(using security zones in IE's case) but that is much more cumbersome than clicking to allow a certain site like NoScript.
JarmoP
join:2013-10-11
Finland

JarmoP to hayduke4

to hayduke4

Re: NoScript for Google Chrome

I think uMatrix for Chrome has surpassed NoScript for Firefox in its capabilities.

You have the scopes and able to restrict what is allowed on a more granular basis on domains etc. Also many other options and blocklists.

Just disable 1st-party to make it on same basis as NoScript, allowing then only CSS and image for anything not whitelisted.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to Selenia

to Selenia

Yup your right!

quote:
You can in almost any browser, but there are many important sites that just won't work without at least Javascript.
Yup that IS true!!

I have them disabled as much as possible but sites like tinypic.com relys on them so I do have to enable once in awhile...

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to hayduke4

Premium Member

to hayduke4

Re: NoScript for Google Chrome

On the work computer now, but I believe I use a combination of Adblock Pro, HTTPS Everywhere, and Disconnect on Google Chrome.

I was using Ghostery, but the company behind the product actually works with tracking companies by selling Ghostery's user base data, which is against the spirit of personal cyber security, so I stopped using them.

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1

Premium Member

Pretty sure that's only if you enable "Ghost-rank".

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

You're right, but you can wonder what other "internal" studies they may do on all users...

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

You're right, but you can wonder what other "internal" studies they may do on all users...

Of course. But I kind of assume every single IP I visit is tracked and sold by my ISP in any case, so it's all relative. Anything I don't want them to know about (for whatever reason) would be encrypted through an OpenVPN box.
hayduke4
join:2014-01-09
United State

hayduke4

Haven't discovered a way to make CCleaner quit deleting NotScripts yet but I'm not at the computer in question. This is my freind's first computer and she's sort of reluctant to change settings for fear of messing something up. I've told her as long as she doesn't delete the recovery partition she can't possibly screw anything up we can't fix.

I was just conerned about her relying on software that's been abandoned when NoScript gets updated every few days.

I don't know who told her Chrome was The Browser to use. I agree with Selenia's assesment of Chrome and won't use it. I've tried to convince her to try Chromium or Firefox or one of it's derivatives but no luck so far.

Disabling scripts globally isn't the answer I'm afraid. The main reason she likes NotScipts is because she just has to make a click or two to allow scripts on the sites she needs them to work on.

I installed Ghostery on my computer and she didn't like it.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll pass them along and hopefully get her to try one or two of them.

I really wish I could get her to start hanging out here in the Security forum and reading.
hayduke