uniqs

Thingamajig
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
B.C.

Thingamajig

Premium Member

e-billing

Buddy of mine deals with Rogers for his cell service out here in the west. He's showing me bills where Rogers is rounding it off to the nickel for taxes and the actual bill despite this being a full electronic bill with auto withdrawal.
I have Telus and do not see this happening. Perhaps Robbers is once again taking advantage of its customers again? You guys might want to check your bills. I wouldn't mind knowing if its a one off or is Robbers being unscrupulous one more time. 10 Million customers getting hosed monthly adds up to a nice tidy profit.

Anyone know what the legal position is? IMO it should be down to the penny for e transactions.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker

Premium Member

I checked Wind (as well as other e-billed items). All were to the penny, but it was a good tip. If all were doing it I'd have caught it, but if one was I might not.

I was under the impression that only cash transactions were to be rounded up and down. All electronic transactions were to remain to the penny. Although I don't know the legality I don't think there are following the spirit of the change.

BGB
Wants moar interwebz
Premium Member
join:2009-07-09
Waterloo, ON

1 edit

BGB to Thingamajig

Premium Member

to Thingamajig
If they are rounding up, I would demand the money back as it only cash transactions that are supposed to be rounded. Debit/credit/check/another payment is NOT supposed to be rounded.

»www.mint.ca/store/mint/a ··· hJcl7GyI

I am not surprised this is happening though, as they are probably hoping most people won't say anything or notice a few pennies, however it does add up to a lot of money for them if they do it to everyone.

Mods may want to considering moving this to the Rogers forum though.

Word of advice for your friend though, DO NOT LET ROGERS AUTO WITHDRAW MONEY FROM YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU WILL GET BURNED.

Edit: Spelling...
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

1 recommendation

peterboro (banned)

said by BGB:

Word of advise for your friend though, DO NOT LET ANYONE AUTO WITHDRAW MONEY FROM YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU WILL GET BURNED.

Fixed.
Expand your moderator at work