Search similar:

uniqs
Xtreme2damax
join:2007-03-21
Port Byron, NY

Xtreme2damax to uptospeed

to uptospeed

Re: Xtreme2damax - didn't mean to ignore

Should I pay anything at all atm or wait on the Attorney General? If I pay something to lower the balance will that be credited/refunded if a decision is made in my favor?

Still nothing further from the AG. I'm thinking they forgot about me or tossed my complaint lol. Soon it will be a month since filing the complaint and nothing besides them stating they're looking into it.

donaldG
@107.61.82.x

donaldG

Anon

Xtreme2damax, although I've never filed a complaint with the NY's AG office, I have in other states where I've resided. The procedures from state to state will obviously have differences but the main procedures I believe are followed no matter.

I think you are being unreasonably impatient. It's usually a slow process. First, as you have already received, there is a letter of acknowledgment to the filer that the complaint has been received.

At the same time, the AG's office will also notify the business by letter that they have received a complaint. They give the other party a certain number of days to respond. This period in my experiences varied from 21-45 business days and nothing will happen to the complaint within that period of time. The business may or may not respond to the AG. They are not required to but it will be reflected in the public record as to if they did or did not. If they do not respond in a timely manner, a second letter will be sent to remind the business of the complaint and they usually will have an additional period of time to respond ...typically 7-14 business days.

I'm thinking that a company such as Verizon Wireless will respond with a semi-boilerplate letter briefly explaining their "side of the story." Since they have attorneys and other in-house resolution experts that are involved with the response that is being sent back to the AG's office, they will have their bases covered from a logistics standpoint. Unless the complaint is particular egregious and has the ability to be duplicated and used in the same unfair manner to other customers, the AG's office will usually have a response such as one I received back from an AG's office from a complaint I filed against a large company which in part said this:

"Our office has received a response from (company's name omitted) declining to adjust your complaint for the reasons outlined in the response.

We realize you may disagree with (company's name omitted)'s position. However, our office does not have the legal authority to force the parties to resolve their dispute. We regret that we are unable to provide further assistance to you in this situation.

We do not have the legal authority to act as an attorney for private individuals, nor may we act as a judge or arbitrator in individual disputes. If you would like to pursue the matter, you may wish to contact Small Claims Court in your County..."

So something you have to keep in mind is that the AG's office does not act as your attorney and neither can they "force" Verizon Wireless to do anything as they are not acting as the Judge in a court of law. They are a mediation service and from what I gather, more often than not, if the company's explanation is logical to them, there is really nothing more that they are going to do.

I find that the AG's office is more concerned with companies committing fraud or unfair practices that will affect many consumers rather than a specific case against one consumer.

I too believe with a previous poster that one of the Federal agencies would be a better bet in settling a dispute with a company such as Verizon Wireless. However, it is my intention not to sour your hopes in getting your problem resolved through your AG's office. Who knows, the New York's AG's office may be much different than those of the states I've had dealings with.

The best of luck to you in getting this resolved. I just wanted to let you know that my experiences in dealing with AG's offices in others states have taken much longer than just a few weeks and in the majority of cases, they did not help at all in resolving my dispute with a company. I probably will not use them again unless it is something general where many people are being affected by unscrupulous practices.
Xtreme2damax
Port Byron, NY

1 edit

Xtreme2damax

I understand but I'm sure anyone would be quite impatient if they have been at this as long as I have and are looking for answers and resolution to their troubles. I'm also impatient due to the fact that is the only comparable choice I have to urban land based broadband. Some applications just do not cope well with slower higher latency satellite.

When contacting the Attorney General was suggested I thought they would have some sort of legal authority and power to persuade Verizon Wireless to do the right thing. I wasn't aware that wasn't the case nor was I aware how slow of a process it was and that it takes this long. If the AG won't be able to help me I could try contacting the FCC/FTC or just go to small claims. Trying to argue with VZW customer (dis)service reps is useless and an utter waste of time so I'm done with it. I wouldn't have bothered wasting this much time and arguing if I wasn't certain I was in the right and them in the wrong. If customers are this persistent and making this much of a stink you'd think they would attempt to resolve the complaints. I've never experienced worse customer service until I dealt with Verizon/VZW. At least other businesses have been more easy going to get matters resolved and keep customers happy.

If anyone knows why my device suddenly having a data connection I'd appreciate feedback on the subject. After that I'm done here and will only respond when I'm notified of a decision from the Attorney General.

Xtreme2damax

to uptospeed
Just wanted to say I heard from a lady at the office for the Attorney General. She explained the process and why it was taking so long. I think she said the complaints go to one office in Albany and are funneled to them then they need to send something to Verizon Wireless and await a response. She said not to file through arbitration or small claims yet as they would no longer be able to assist since it would become a matter for the court and judge.

How does their live chat or social media support work? It's almost as if my messages are being filtered to them because they never acknowledge what I've said or try to explain and just repeat the same stuff ad-nauseum. No I will not call financial services again, no they will not help me since they can't or refuse to. The executive I spoke with a few months back didn't seem to fully understand what was going on and only offered partial resolution. I had service and billing suspended to try to catch up but went downhill from there and their representatives are nothing but useless for anything.

I informed them I filed with the Attorney General, provided proof of the complaint. I told them the next course of action to rectify the matter would be through the FTC, FCC then arbitration or small claims as a last resort to finally obtain resolution for this dispute. I think I'll cut my ties with Verizon and the only resolution I want now is the money back I wasted on the service to deal with this nonsense for months now.

They don't seem to care or comprehend that I've filed with the Attorney General and that I've provided proof or who I say I'll go to in order for this to be rectified. Support seems to have a big reading and comprehension issue. Is it forbidden for them to acknowledge the customer and complaint directly, show genuine sympathy and try to resolve customer issues and complaints? It's almost as if there is some filtering going on that looks at keywords then gives them responses to reply with and they never see the actual messages. I can't think of any other reason their customer service would be so horrid. They disregarded my requests for escalation to executive customer service, executives or presidents as if they never saw it.

I wasted time on the phone as well attempting to explain the matter and dispute it with them. After that I figured I was no better or worse off continuing the dispute via live chat, social media and reaching out to reps via the customer to customer forums.

I'm just tired now and want it resolved. Persistence always pays so I've stood my ground rather than give up. All this over a charge that should have never appeared on my bill had the representative actually done what I requested when I reached out to customer service. That charged had a snowball effect on my bill inflating high enough most average customers would struggle to pay if they could pay. I kept pouring payments towards the balance but it wasn't enough and payment arrangements wouldn't have worked out either due to the high balance after everything started going downhill and continued to do so. My only option was to suspend everything and make payments towards the balance but Verizon Wireless didn't like that either.

When I know anything else I'll respond to inform everyone whether or not my dispute was eventually resolved.
Xtreme2damax

2 edits

to uptospeed
I know.. technically different companies but it's either extremely difficult or just impossible to get anywhere with Verizon Wireless customer service. Dealing with Verizon residential has never been met with such stubbornness and unwillingness to do anything. With Verizon residential it was a relatively quick process for them to rectify issues even billing issues. Both myself and my mother had good experiences with Verizon (residential) customer service, billing and financial service departments.

Perhaps Verizon should fire most of the current representatives at Verizon Wireless and transfer representatives over from Verizon (residential) then maybe customer complaints and disputes would be addressed. In my experience with Verizon (residential) I wouldn't be disputing something for months being persistent, vocal and standing my ground only to be met with the same stubbornness and refusal to do anything as with Verizon Wireless. Verizon (residential) certainly wouldn't be dragging their feet after claiming I was going to the Attorney General, FTC, FTC, through arbitration or small claims to have my dispute addressed and resolved.

Verizon Wireless representatives wouldn't or couldn't escalate the dispute to executive customer relations or a regional president. I wanted them to escalate and send transcripts of the chats to someone that could address and resolve the dispute. I'm disabled and suffer from extreme anxiety mostly in the form of social anxiety and have verbal issues. I do not do well with phone conversations and loathe having to pick up a phone. I'll use live chat, email and social media first then call if left with no other option. I'm much better at expressing matters in written form. I did call in and despite fruitlessly trying to explain matters to the best of my ability both customer service and financial services were no more help over the phone. The executive I spoke to a few months back didn't seem to have a firm grasp on understanding exactly what the issue was and only offered partial resolution. I was tired so took a break from disputing the matter however if anything else arose I'd continue disputing.

critis
join:2002-01-24
Mullins, SC
·HTC Inc.

critis

I think most people don't reply to your post,becuase they have nothing they can say to help you. Few that did reply,we're trying to be friendly and helpful. Sounds to me your anxiety is getting best of you. Your wanting a instant fix to problem. The process is not one that will be solved quickly. Let the process work for you and relax. Best advice I've ever gotten was from my grandpa. Control what you can and don't worry about what you can't. You can't control how long this will take to be resolved.
Xtreme2damax
Port Byron, NY

1 edit

Xtreme2damax

There are some (basic?) questions I've asked but yet to receive responses to. Questions asked a while ago and repeated when I bumped to find answers. I'm sure I could have received answers by now but this community isn't all that lively. As a result there's less that would even know anything and could provide answers. Some acknowledge and respond to insignificant "talk" in my posts but don't address what I'm actually seeking an answer to.

I suppose Q & A and advice seeking threads garner less attention than the small talk everyone can relate and respond to threads. With the lack of activity hostile responses stick out more and falsely presumed my threads were being overlooked as a result of being on the **** lists of unmentioned members. Especially since none of those members ever respond to any of my threads anymore.

I wasn't aware of the process with the Attorney General, now I am. I am patiently awaiting to hear back, that is no longer the reason for bumping. I don't feel like creating a new thread just to ask a couple minor questions.

I'm just looking for informative answers to better understand what is going on. Like how come representative don't acknowledge anything I typed and repeatedly issue canned responses? How come mentioning filing with the Attorney General and even providing proof of said complaint doesn't phase them? How come stating I'll be filing with the FTC, FCC, through arbitration or small claims doesn't phase them and they still drag their feet? Are my chats and messages to them being filtered somehow? They wouldn't even escalate the dispute as requested and just repeated the same thing about contacting financial services over and over.

How come Verizon Wireless customer service etc.. is so inept and horrible at addressing and resolving customer issues while Verizon (residential) is better? There seems to be no customer service at Verizon Wireless just something.. that I'm unsure of that's masquerading as customer service. According to complaints customer service isn't really customer service and rather sales meaning they can only assist if you are buying something or upgrading. I suppose that is about right and logically sound based on my experience.

How come my device suddenly has a data connection again but no internet connectivity? After service was suspended the data connection was axed and couldn't connect. Now it has data connectivity again and can connect but can't access anything outside Verizon Wireless activation with it. I could understand if the device or sim wasn't blacklisted or I put a new sim card in it.

I don't want to post a new thread. I don't want to ask in the Verizon Wireless section as some responses haven't been too helpful or encouraging. One member there telling not to bother disputing and to give up. Wouldn't explain why or elaborate further so I presumed shill. I've searched around via Google but could not find the answers I was seeking. I don't want to register at another forum to repost the same questions and play the waiting game again

I'm sorry if I'm bothering anyone and don't mean to come off as a persistent a******. I think I've been patient enough when I ask something then wait anywhere between a day to three days or sometimes weeks without a response so forgive me if I get a tad testy as a result of some mild frustration. When something piques my curiosity it ever so slightly irks me if I can not obtain an answer or explanation to my inquiry.

Oh and they already dinged my credit. That much came to my suspicion when I suddenly got a collection call last week for a family member sharing the same name. As a business you or your employees just don't go lying by stating an executive would contact me, proceed to terminate the account and send it off to collections. Not only am I going to have to dispute this with Verizon Wireless I'm now going to have to dispute with the credit bureaus as well.
Expand your moderator at work
System

to uptospeed

Anon

to uptospeed
This topic has been closed. Reason: run its course