spc
Search similar:

uniqs

fish23
@68.38.213.x

fish23

Anon

[Signals] comcast tech

just want to see what everybody thinks.i called comcast 5 times (wanted to see if i get the same answer) i told them to check my signal reading and my connection,which was good.i asked all of them how high of an upstream power level a doscis 3.0 cable modem can operate at,they all told me they could transmit at up to 60.they said they see it alot. any comments?i have the 6141.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny

[Signals] Re: comcast tech

Had you checked the forum FAQs, you would have found this guideline:

»Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »What should my Signal Levels be?

Mod Note: Since I cannot IM a question, I'll ask here. Are you trying to fill the Comcast forums with frivolous posts/questions?

fish23
@68.38.213.x

fish23

Anon

i have read the FAQ but what i just said is the truth.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

Yep. It's incorrect (not surprisingly...) The max for three or more bonded upstream carriers is 51 dB. Higher than that typically results in connectivity issues / spontaneous modem rebooting.

fish23
@68.38.213.x

fish23

Anon

as i stated above all of a suddn my upstream went up and downstream snr also went up.i noticed the frequency on the upstream all went up.my downstream went up to 38 and my upstream went up to 54 on 3 three channels and i am not having any problems.something changed on their end.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
Union, NJ

1 recommendation

EG

Premium Member

FWIW, I've seen modems measuring mechanism's be inaccurate by plus or minus 3 to 4 dB. YMMV..

fish23
@68.38.213.x

fish23

Anon

i also checked the diagnostics page on my pace rng110 cable box and the upstream reads 48.go figure.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

Different splitter / run / port loss value / measuring accuracy etc. ?

fish23
@68.38.213.x

fish23

Anon

same splitter a 3 way with 5.5 loss on each leg.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

said by fish23 :

same splitter a 3 way with 5.5 loss on each leg.

so now disconnect that splitter, attach directly to the incoming, and see in the reported values change by exactly 5.5
rendrenner
join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI

rendrenner to fish23

to fish23
The modem can transmit at a 60, but it shouldn't be that high and it wont connect very well.

Do you have then X1 platform? If you dont then there is no reason to compare what your box is xmitting at to your modem ustream levels. Different frequencies talking to different systems.

Were you intending to ask a question about techs or the call center?

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

I've seen the spontaneous modem re-booting / re-ranging issue occur at 52 dB of upstream power with three bonded channels...