Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone

Re: Couple must redo wedding after fake ceremony

said by Gone:

They used to be $100 at every municipality in Niagara that issued them (NOTL for example does not themselves, they send them away to be issued from elsewhere) except - you guessed it - Fort Erie which was $125. Now every municipality in Niagara is $125. I guess we were ahead of the curve.

$125???? That's a bargain! Try $146 within the "City of Greater Sudbury". A bargain at $145 is the City of North Bay...and so on and so forth...$125 seems to be about the average, I think the town of NEMI (Northeastern Manitoulin and the Islands)...forgot about raising the price and I was shocked they haven't raised it since about 2009 I think...

It could be worse...I could have got it in the City of Owen Sound where it is $150!!

Maybe that's why DKS' rate is so inexpensive?

Food for thought...(if you can afford it lol).

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

Yes you can submit it electronically in Niagara Falls, but you still need to show up at city hall with the necessary identification before you receive the license.

It's a simple submission. I have no idea how they get around the signature requirement. It's nothing unless it is signed.
DKS

DKS to nitzguy

to nitzguy
said by nitzguy:

Went to the bustling metropolis of Little Current to get our marriage license.

Cost of the marriage license...$75....

I think its the cheapest place in Ontario to get a marriage license .

They are selling the license for wholesale. Toronto is $140. The way the system works is that the province wholesales the licenses to the municipalities, who then add on their own fees for cost recovery to issue the license. Thank you, Mike Harris. Yes, this was one of the common sense revolution changes. It's a bit of a cash cow.
DKS

DKS to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

They used to be $100 at every municipality in Niagara that issued them (NOTL for example does not themselves, they send them away to be issued from elsewhere) except - you guessed it - Fort Erie which was $125. Now every municipality in Niagara is $125. I guess we were ahead of the curve.

Well behind. Toronto is $140. Ottawa is $166.50. Sudbury is $146. Owen Sound is $150.
DKS

DKS to nitzguy

to nitzguy
said by nitzguy:

said by Gone:

$125???? That's a bargain! Try $146 within the "City of Greater Sudbury". A bargain at $145 is the City of North Bay...and so on and so forth...$125 seems to be about the average, I think the town of NEMI (Northeastern Manitoulin and the Islands)...forgot about raising the price and I was shocked they haven't raised it since about 2009 I think...

It could be worse...I could have got it in the City of Owen Sound where it is $150!!

Maybe that's why DKS' rate is so inexpensive?

Food for thought...(if you can afford it lol).

No. I've thought of charging a fee related to the total budget for the wedding.. say 1%. The officiant is usually the lowest cost part of any wedding.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
said by DKS:

It's a simple submission. I have no idea how they get around the signature requirement. It's nothing unless it is signed.

I suspect they collect the signatures when you submit the identification upon pickup.

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1 to jaberi

Premium Member

to jaberi
Strange. Many Bridezillas obsess over every tiny detail, and they wait until the last minute on Kijiji to find someone to do the vows?

I kid..... I kid...

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by Ian1:

Strange. Many Bridezillas obsess over every tiny detail, and they wait until the last minute on Kijiji to find someone to do the vows?

I kid..... I kid...

If my walls could talk...